V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by my Denver dealer yesterday. Can take delivery of an '03 in November and pay MSRP. Ooooo tough decision. Then they offered me a demo ride... "Come back in an hour or so" Yee ha.

The '03 demo came with the new 16 gauge SE exhaust. I liked the look and sound. Kinda reminded me of my Buell with a V&H slip-on... not quite the mellowness of a big twin exhaust note but an authoritative growl.

The seating position is interesting... almost leaning back. Something different. I kinda like that though it seems more natural to me to lean forward a bit on a fast bike. The engine is smooth and speed builds in linear fashion... not quite the stump pulling thrust of sport bikes I've been on, but it is definitely a rocket of a cruiser. Not surprising, it garnered looks just about everywhere I went during my hour, including glances from many I passed on the highway :D I kinda liked that :)

Anyway, had my digital camera with me so I took the following photo... gives me something to look at while I consider whether I should be a V-Rod owner!

Steve

·
Registered
150 Posts
Great pic and great to see the Red Rocks again! That area provides some fantastic roads to twist around on (yes, used to live in Denver a few years back).

Anyway, good to hear you are enjoying the V-Rod. Another thing, it gets better and better the more you ride it! I have done about 4000 km now in 5 weeks and my smile just gets broader and broader and will soon cover my ears! The bike is however now in storage due to weather coldness :(

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
sfarson said:
Stopped by my Denver dealer yesterday. Can take delivery of an '03 in November and pay MSRP. Steve
Steve,

Nov delivery? Does it come with studded snow tires?:D Just joking.
Let us know what you decide (my vote is GO FOR IT:) )

Regards,

wyo

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Steve, may be worth it to you to look around a bit, there are some 02's out there and you won't have to wait till thanksgiving (or longer) it's the exact same bike and although the 03 is anniversary bike, the 02 is still the A model, and couple G's cheaper. I just turned 1000 mi. this weekend and she's going back for the pipes, bags and sundowner tomorrow (Yeehaa) Love the bike more everyday, and wouldn't trade it for any othe bike in the world. (seriously)

·
Registered
544 Posts
I think if you get it you won't be sorry, I love my bike. After about 1000 miles the engine loosen up more and revs free-er than it was went it was newer. Just have to get used to the cross winds I now don't even notice them. At MSRP I'd vote get it, Nov isn't that far off. Also see if the Dealer will work with you on accessories, I got 15% off everything I purchased before even taking delivery.

Dave

·
Registered
906 Posts
GO FOR IT!! But I think you already made the decision...actually the bike did that for you so don't fight it! :D

You won't regret it, just ask any V-Rod owner here!

Congrats!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Everyone,

Thanks for the advice. Your positive experiences are encouraging. I'm leaning towards taking the plunge. I ride year round, so a November delivery is OK with me.... and when it snows, I'll just take the Lazy Boy down to the garage :p

Steve

·
Registered
477 Posts
Should I buy it?

BUY IT STEVE, you won't regret it. It only gets better the more you ride it. Great pic you took there, scenery matches the machine. You only live once Steve, enjoy it.

Boy, are we living the good life or what?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Your future VROD

Steve,

Just had to say what a great picture that is, if HD sees that one, they might want to use it. You might have a future in photography. So did you commit to the Vrod yet? Do it, do it, do it. Just a little positive reinforcement.......

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just picked up my bike after double barrel exhaust install. I love the sounds of this bike withe the 16 gauge! Stock is way, way too quiet. And the double barrels are not oppressive, but let you appreciate that you have a high performance cruiser. It adds the final demension to this bike. See, feel and hear the power!

Anyway, I know what you mean by attracting attention. It gathers crowds no matter where you go.

Tonight, the Rod was reflecting the neon lights under a local gas station when it really hit me how stikingly beautiful this machine is. Credit R & D at Harley for producing the best Cruiser this world has ever seen.

Pete

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
great pic. i test drove a vrod too. i would have to change the seat though. can feel a bump in it right on my tailbone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts