V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All:
VrodTom Volunteered a Set of SE1 for a V-Mod Test. It worked better than I good of ever HOPED! When I got them apart I found the Baffle is totaly diferrent. The SE1 has a 2" perf-core running the center of the Muffler with a reducer at the inlett and a capped reducer leading into a larger tail pipe on the exit. I removed both reducers and reattached the 2" perf-core[ with a 2" pipe section] Weled it all up and got a chance to bolt them on this morning [ test-mule] The sound is unbelievable! almost stock quiet [ deeper tone] at idle-3000rpm and then all hell breaks loose! I tried to get her on the Dyno today but no luck. Tom wants them back, so I had to send em out. I'm going to get an set to Dyno soon. When I ride the bike, my Hiny-Dyno says a better punch on the bottom with about the same top end. :) This was done on fast time table but the next set will be thoroughly tested. They will be on the site as V-MODse. So long story -short, we can V-Mod the SE1s
Stay-Tuned! Steve

·
Registered
291 Posts
Would like to see a Dyno on it. I knew they were different as I had both pipes here (SE and stock) and you could EASILY feel the weight difference. The loss of weight should obviously help performance a bit.

ChopperSteve said:
Hello All:
VrodTom Volunteered a Set of SE1 for a V-Mod Test. It worked better than I good of ever HOPED! When I got them apart I found the Baffle is totaly diferrent. The SE1 has a 2" perf-core running the center of the Muffler with a reducer at the inlett and a capped reducer leading into a larger tail pipe on the exit. I removed both reducers and reattached the 2" perf-core[ with a 2" pipe section] Weled it all up and got a chance to bolt them on this morning [ test-mule] The sound is unbelievable! almost stock quiet [ deeper tone] at idle-3000rpm and then all hell breaks loose! I tried to get her on the Dyno today but no luck. Tom wants them back, so I had to send em out. I'm going to get an set to Dyno soon. When I ride the bike, my Hiny-Dyno says a better punch on the bottom with about the same top end. :) This was done on fast time table but the next set will be thoroughly tested. They will be on the site as V-MODse. So long story -short, we can V-Mod the SE1s
Stay-Tuned! Steve

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey, lets see those results! I have the SE1's on now and the girlfriend wants to know If I'd like her to send my old stock pipes out for the V-Mod for X-Mas. Is she cool, or what?! SHE is the one that really loves loud pipes, I just want sone reassurance that the $150 will give me that much of an improvement over the SE1's first. And, of course, if the V-Mod gives more HP with the SE's than the stock, I'll have to send those.

·
Registered
110 Posts
veerodder

I also have both sets of pipes. The only reason I wanted to v-mod the se1's was because of the Screaming Eagle script. Now it seem maybe I have made a better performance choice too!
ride safe
vrodtom

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Are the Scremain' Eagle mods really "stock quiet" at a startup? Or are they unmodified Screamin' Eagles quiet at startup??? I guess my question is really...did the mod make SE1's quieter at idle and low RPMs???

·
Registered
147 Posts
vrodtom

make sure to e-mail me after you get your pipes back, as I said, I'm very interested in the sound difference between the SE1's and the V-Mod's. I've yet to talk to someone who has gone from the SE's to Mod's, usually it's been the stock pipe. We all know what a big difference it is between the stock's and the SE1's!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well just came back from a 3 hour ride with my v-modse. I can only say its the best of both worlds. A deeper throatier sound at adle and while cruising. The real difference is when you open her up, is a loud BARK now.
Very smooth, better response, more power. I am very happy with Steve, and would like to thank him. I sent him my pipes on Monday of this week, and got them back today, Friday. Now I can enjoy the weekend riding!
For ALL the v-rod owners out there with SE1's, at least now you can have your cake and eat it too.
ride safe
vrodtom

·
Registered
291 Posts
Impossible. The Screaming Eagles are a nbit louder at idle, but still very, very quiet. If you look at a Screaming Eagle pipe, youll see less baffling and a larger exit. So, obviously it will be a bit louder. I have owned both.

mdrsteve said:
Are the Scremain' Eagle mods really "stock quiet" at a startup? Or are they unmodified Screamin' Eagles quiet at startup??? I guess my question is really...did the mod make SE1's quieter at idle and low RPMs???

·
Registered
22,089 Posts
Damn, Tim!! You coulda' waited till I got a ride! - I'm guessin' yours is the red one!

"who told you that?".... hey it's a small state.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts