V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
If you have the time, get out there and look at as many bikes as you can. Take a camera with you, and pop some pics of what you like. Look at all the forum's picture galleries. Pop for the 15 bucks, and enjoy the gallery here, plus you will be thanking me for telling you to become a paying member. Best 15 bucks spent. Most people(me too) buy what the dealer suggests, because we want to spend another $500 dollars before the bike is a year old for new pipes, BECAUSE we see all the different pipes that are more radical. :confused: It really boils down to what you like. I suppose you will be getting the SE air cleaner, and then you will have to decide if you want the dealer ECM download, so then you will have to buy a DFO, SERT, or PCIII in order for the bike to run correctly. If I can suggest this - Find the pipes you like, and see what deal you can do with the dealer for the pipes, SE air cleaner, SERT, and dyno tune before delivery. You will have to bring the bike back for the dyno tune, when you have it broken in. But, I think people will agree, if you have the components installed before delivery, they will be covered under warranty, plus won't have to spend extra money changing out parts you don't like after six months. Ask the dealer if all will be covered under H-D warranty. Good luck, tell us what you decide. :welcome:

Thorns

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.