V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member asking for advice from you experienced riders/mechanics:
Will doing a straight SlipOn job, without adjusting fuel/air ratio & ECM, cause new V&H Turndowns to turn blue or yellow? I installed these last night, and man they sound sweet! The reason I ask this question is because I came across another touring bike in my area and noticed he had the same set-up, only he had the cone tips on his slipons instead of the turndowns. He was running stock A/C and stock headers. On the right side muffler, where it slips into the header pipe, was a hazy streak of yellow about 4" long. 'Anyone experienced this?

I'm currently waiting for the rest of my parts to arrive being T-Duals, PCIII, and A.N. Big Sucker. However,the A/C is on back order and no telling when it will fill in (1-week minimum). I gotta work with the cheaper online stuff to fit my budget.

--Any advice welcomed, thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wonder if the slip-on wasn't push-in quite the whole way and there was an air-leak at the place where the muffler joins the header pipe. Just a thought. I personally would add the A/C and then a power commander just to make sure enough fuel was getting the engine - the engine runs awfully lean in the stock form. Would help with heat too - summer's coming and the engine runs very hot when leaned to the EPA specs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice Ted, I'll make sure the mufflers are pushed in and clamped down enough to prevent a leak.
I've read that the bikes are set to run lean out of the factory, but are they set so lean as to cause the mufflers to change color? Remember, all I changed out were the stock mufflers to these slipon V&H Classic Turndowns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts