V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a clearence problem with V&H True Duals and the Harley Davidson#42638-03 "Billet Style Rear Brake Lever" on a 2001 Road King? My brake lever touches the heat shield after my best adjustment of header pipe.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I have the V&H duals and have the same problem with the stock brake lever. It's been like that for the last 20,000 miles. Has not been a problem yet.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Yup I had the same problem on my dads SEEG. From what i can make of it you have 2 choices. The first choice is to notch the lever. The second is to notch the heatshield. Neighter option is that great but eighther will work for you. Hey you could alway go back to stock, but stock stinks. I have never had one rub with the stock lever though, and ive installed a bunch of them....sorry i couldn't be of more help big ron.

·
OBSESSED
1,070 Posts
I installed EZ Brake lever on my 03 RKC with True Duals with no clearence
problems. Also installed EZ Shifter. Lot of room on the boards, almost like
forward controls on a bagger!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks For The Feedback

I just ordered the Kurakyn extended brake pedal. That will solve the clearance issue. For future readers is good to know if you have the HD billet style extended brake lever it will not work with the True Duals setup. Anyone need a slightly used $164.95 brake lever?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts