V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Self Appointed!
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 FXD with stage 1 AC and V&H Straightshots. I bought the bike used in December w/ these modifications already installed. I am pretty sure the Straightshots don't have any baffles (pic below), and the sound is just TOO LOUD! I like loud, but this is just annoying!!

I have done a little searching here and at another website and have come to the conclusion that I want the Big City Thunder baffles. Before I go forward w/ the purchase, I thought I would solicit feedback from you fine folks.

Anyone here used the Big City Thunder baffles? Any other aftermarket options I should check in to? I want a nice, reasonably loud, rumble once this is done!

Thanks in advance for any feedback!!:cheers:

·
Registered
297 Posts
I prefer the HP Plus baffles. I think that they sound better and they definitely make better power on the dyno. Oh yeah, and they are half the price.....Bill

·
Registered
22 Posts
What pipes did you run them in? What was the
difference in the dyno results between the
Thunder Monsters and HP Plus baffles? At what rpm?

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I have the ThunderMonsters installed in V&H Big Shot Staggereds on an '04 FXSTI. I really like them but don't count on them to be quiet. They may be a little quieter than just straight pipes but probably not by much. They run good though and I like'em. ~!Awesome!

Tom

·
Registered
297 Posts
Halehardy said:
What pipes did you run them in? What was the
difference in the dyno results between the
Thunder Monsters and HP Plus baffles? At what rpm?
I ordered 3 different sizes of the "thunder products" baffles to use in testing. I have tried them in a variety of pipes from short drag style to long dual style. The HP Plus baffles have always produced substantially more low RPM torque and better HP. I do not always use the HP plus baffles full length.I have them cut down to different lenghts. I only use enough baffle to get all of the low end torque possible without losing HP. If I have a pipe with a curved end that will not allow me to slide a baffle in then I use the washer lollipop trick and set the angle for best torque/HP. Not the best sounding but works well......Bill

·
Self Appointed!
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information everyone. Keep it coming!!:thanks:

·
Self Appointed!
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just thought I should post an update:

After all the research, I ended up buying the replacement V&H baffles for my Straightshots. I got the rid of the obnoxious popping on deceleration and upshifting. The sound is still louder than stock, but not too much. Just what a Harley should sound like....in my opinion!!

Thanks again for the replies!!!!:cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts