V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
OWOF
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling a set of Vance & Hines True Duals for '07 Softails. They come with the fisthail end caps. The Drag Specialites Part numbers are 1800-0449 for the pipes and 1802-0012 for the caps. Please check on the fitment for your bike before buying. The retail price new is $684.95 and $169.95, respectively. They are in perfect shape and were on the bike for only about 1500 miles. I had a mild high-performance build done on this bike and switched to the D&D Fat Cat exhaust for that reason. I am asking $450 for the entire exhaust, shipped to the lower 48. If it doesn't sell here or on another forum, then I will put it on eBay next week. Here are a couple of pictures of the exhaust on the bike.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Vance & Hines Question...

I was thinking of purchasing these pipes too... so what do they do for performance on a build like you had done??
did you have the quiet baffles??
I was hoping to run them on my 05 Fatboy after I do cams/heads and big bore.

thanks,
Tim

·
OWOF
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am no expert, but here is my understanding.

If you are looking for pure performance, 2-1 is the best performing setup there is, across the board. They say that the true duals may rob some low-end torque and maybe a little horsepower by comparison. It is a percentage loss so the more extreme the build is, the more the loss will be. I will say, though, that I have had Vance & Hines true duals on a 2005 Electra Glide and the 2007 FLSTSC and they both seemed to perform well for me, judging by the seat of the pants. But I say that about two bikes that were stock, other than Stage I, K&N, SERT and the exhaust.

When I made the decision to put a significant amount of money into building the '07, I decided to sacrifice style for performance and went with the Fat Cat. My build involved TW6-6 cams, Zipper air cleaner, boring the cylinders to 103", notching the pistons, Baisley heads and the Fat Cat exhaust. It came off the dyno at 101 hp and 107 ft./lbs. of torque. I am not sure what the loss would have been with the duals.

That is about the end of my knowledge, FWIW.

·
OWOF
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The exhaust is sold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts