V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished installing V&H classic slash cut slip ons. WOW sound, lovin it. Haven't takin it out fo a ride yet, can't wait till tomorrow. Just want to make sure that the clamps supplied should mount down. They don't really specify in the install instructions. I like the Harley clamps better, but figure I'd stick with the package from V&H. Thanks.

Jimmy

·
Just Sayin'
2,531 Posts
Jimmy,
Congrats on the V/H slip ons. When you get a chance post your thoughts on them. I'm thinking about a set of V/H slip ons for my lady's Sporty custom.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Dyna

Pipes are beautiful, chrome is great. Sound great, not too loud, not too quiet. Will be giving them a good road test later today if the rain holds off here in NJ. I'll let you know what I think after some miles.

Jimmy

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1st Impression

OK so took the bike out for awhile today, rode about 70 miles. Bike seems like it's got more pep. Maybe it'sjust the sound, don't know. Sound is quiet at idle, not like stock though. Good at highway cruise (70 mph) not too loud. But LOUD when you get on it, one good twist let's you know. The bike just sounds more Harley. Love the looks too.

Jimmy

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice Jimmy,
I just finished installing V&H Classic Turndown slipons,Dresser Duals, and a PCIII on my RKC 05-EFI. Huge difference!! Its got the growl when you want it and sounds nice and deep. Also, the accelleration is so smooth, that I jump to 70 with no noticable stress on the engine. The PC lets me cruise in 4th at about 20mph through the neiborhood without any jerking at all. Anyways I just finished the install and am looking forward to putting her on the highway. By the way, I didn't mention the AC because I have it on backorder. I'm still running stock A/C with a few less ponies. If it helps anyone out, Power Commander Rep said the stock A/C shouldn't cause any problems because it will be running rich. It's when you run a system lean that causes the excessive heating up of the pipes. So, for now it will be the stock A/C until the back order fills in. Enjoy the ride!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts