V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got my FLSTCI back from the 1,000 mile service and had a Stage I air cleaner and Pro Pipe HS's put on it (with remap, of course). First impressions:
The performance increase is obvious. Needs just a blip on the throttle to accelerate normally. Much better response. Very smooth acceleration.
The sound is perfect for a Heritage. I wanted drivers to know I was there but not to be obnoxious around noise sensitive areas (churches, schools, hospitals...). Deep, throaty powerful sounding. No popping from reversion on deceleration. In fact, the sound is just perfect.
Looks are top notch. Deep chrome, excellent fitting. Forget what others might say about this 2 into 1 on a Heritage. It looks awesome and does not destroy the classic look, in my view. The bags clear the pipe just fine with no adjustments.
Power, performance, looks...I give this package on the FLSTCI my endorsement if you're at all hesitant. I couldn't be happier. Send me a private message if you want any more info. jetBlueman

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I disagree with the "ugly" I hear about the Pro Pipe on the Heritage. Often I take the bags off and ride with just the wind shield. Would you say a Fat Boy is ugly with the Pro Pipe? Of course not! It looks awesome! Well, except for the shield and the wire laced wheels---you've got a Fat Boy! So I never understood that point of view. There's nothing ugly about a Pro Pipe on a Heritage. It looks clean and says:
P-O-W-E-R!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
sound level is just what I wanted, will it be what you want? who knows. I wanted a pipe that sounded good but wasn't to loud. sevrice guy at my stealer ship said the screamin eagle was not the same pipe and that the V&H was a better way to go.......

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can't compare to the SE 2-1 but my observations:
Much louder than stock
But easy on the ears in that it's a very "muscular" sound. (Not piercing on the ears).
Loud enough to let others know you're around.
I may need ear plugs for more than a half hour ride.
I just love these pipes.
I would not recommend them if I had any reservations as i would not want you to waste your money.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have an o3 Fat Boy with EFI, I plan on purchasing the VH PRO HS primarly for looks. Does anybody know if a power commander is needed?
I know I would have to upgrade the air intake and some say the ECU needs to be remapped or "rechipped" . Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

pipe HS

·
Registered
276 Posts
nothing is "needed". Harley remap will raise your rev limit and richen a bit while staying within epa aproval. Power commander or HD Tuner will allow you to fine tune your bike if you have access to a dyno and someone that knows efi. I went with Power commander as there is a tuning centre nearby. They did great work.......

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Jet Commander not needed

With my '03 FLSTCI and Pro Pipe HS's I did not need the PC IIIr with the SE Stage I Air Cleaner Kit and a remap. It truly runs great and has no perceptible popping. MAYBE a Power Commander could fine tune the set up, but i doubt it will radically improve the performance. It flat out runs great and is smoth as silk, with a powerful acceleration and wonderful exhaust note. I highly recommend it for a FLSTC/I bike. Looks great, sounds incredible and performs enviably. Just crack the throttle and it's gone--now!

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
blah blah blah blah BLAH...how about postin some pics guys so we can decide the ugly question for ourselves?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Are the V&H 2-1 Pipes considered one of the more "Powerful" pipes in terms of gaining Torque/HP? I am looking for pipe that isn't to loud and won't limit my Power. I am not looking at doing anything extreme. At the most a Stage I and a remamp, but I don't want the pipes to hinder me.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Poseidon said:
Are the V&H 2-1 Pipes considered one of the more "Powerful" pipes in terms of gaining Torque/HP? I am looking for pipe that isn't to loud and won't limit my Power. I am not looking at doing anything extreme. At the most a Stage I and a remamp, but I don't want the pipes to hinder me.
The V&H 2-1 pipe is a great performing pipe, looks and sound are up tp you.......

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Have you taken a long distance tour with the pro pipe on your bike? If so how did you find the exhaust note after a long days ride? Is it too loud or loud enough to tire you out?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1/2 hour ride or less, no problem. After that I'd consider using foam ear plugs. Wonderful tone. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've got the Pro Pipe on my Road King and have done several long trips with it and no problems with noise. I like the looks also.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts