V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just taking a look on V&H's website at the pipes for the 06s. A couple of questions come to mind.

First off, has anyone pre-ordered either style of pipes yet? If so, where can you order them? I am guessing that the mapping software will come with the pipes, yes?

Second, all the pictures on their site show the pipes on a WG w/ forward controls. Will either style work with mid controls?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
the website says that they will work for both. They only have the 2 different styles availible. The big radius, and the big shots staggered, They say that the fuelpak is required, but we all have our own feelings about them.

·
Registered
106 Posts
TXCHOP said:
the website says that they will work for both. They only have the 2 different styles availible. The big radius, and the big shots staggered, They say that the fuelpak is required, but we all have our own feelings about them.
Didn't read anywhere them saying fuelpak required on the 06 dyna.Also when clicked on fuelpak it only goes to 2005 on the Dyna's so appears they have none for it.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses so far.

So no one has pre-ordered a set yet then?

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
I ordered a set of Big Radius to go on my 06' Train when it comes in..
I'm kinda stuck between the BR or the BS Staggared.
I've got a 95" street kit going in, and I'm trying to solicit some dyno numbers before I make up my mind.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pretty sure that you could get those pipes for your Train whenever you wanted. Sadly, we 06 Dyna owners will need to wait until at least January 06 for our pipes since the introduction of the stupid 02 sensors.

I've seen a lot of posts on getting a louder sound out of their 06 Dynas. I'll wait until something official comes out and do it right.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
I've made up my mind.
I'm going with the Big Radius and a set of Thundermonster baffles.
Hopefully, the baffles will be everything they claim to be, and maybe a little more...

I think the Dyna version with the 02 sensor bung will be available right after the first of the year, so the wait isn't that long.

·
Registered
106 Posts
PSK260 said:
I'm pretty sure that you could get those pipes for your Train whenever you wanted. Sadly, we 06 Dyna owners will need to wait until at least January 06 for our pipes since the introduction of the stupid 02 sensors.

I've seen a lot of posts on getting a louder sound out of their 06 Dynas. I'll wait until something official comes out and do it right.
If you are into 2 to 1 Thunderheader supposedly has a set for the 06 Dynas now.

http://www.thunderheader.net/1031.htm

·
Banned
154 Posts
There's a company on ebay taking pre-orders for the Big Radius, and Big Shot Staggereds. The auction says they will be receiving their shipment from V&H soon.

You just might be able to get a set before the 1st of the year.

·
Registered
139 Posts
phreak_of_natur said:
There's a company on ebay taking pre-orders for the Big Radius, and Big Shot Staggereds. The auction says they will be receiving their shipment from V&H soon.

You just might be able to get a set before the 1st of the year.
how do you think that they will have the pipes before any V&H dealer or before the V&H site itself?!?!

ciao...

F

·
Registered
106 Posts
JamieWG said:
I like the added power a 2-1 gives, so I'd be interested in the Thunderheaders. Any idea how they typically sound? Are they extremely loud?
I have no idea I haven't heard them. Im thinking of getting a set cause I like the idea of black pipes which they offer. Im also semi waiting for car chemistry to make a set.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey, those guys are local to me! I wonder if the pipes come with the computer download necessary as well...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went to my local HD dealer this past weekend. He had a list of several different Cobra pipes that are being sold as well as the 2 styles of V&H and one set of Rineharts. I'm gonna look into getting these as well as a new air cleaner. Anyone know if we can use a hypercharger on the 06s?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts