V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me a comparison (loudness & sound) between the V&H Ovals and the SEII mufflers or maybe the V&H Classic? I'm doing a 98" build and think I need to lose the touring mufflers for the sake of performance and maybe even the V&H Duals. I've been kicking around maybe a 2-1 but I don't know..........

I'm having a harder time trying to decide which exhaust to use than I did figuring out which build to go with. I'm trying to keep the noise level down a little without killing the performance of the new motor. I know S&S makes quiet performance mufflers but no matter how hard I try I can't get past the looks.

Thanks,
Rick
05 Eglide

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oval

I've listened to all three mentioned and the Rush. I went with the Oval. Justed installed it this week on my Road King Custom. I absolutely love the sound of the Oval - deep and loud. It's definitely louder than the SE and HV Classic, IMHO. The sound is about comparable to the Rush, maybe deeper. The chrome job of the Oval won me over. It has a nice rumble at cruising but will wake the neighbors when reved. I also installed a Power Commander and K&N high flow kit. The seat of the pants performance gain was very noticeable.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Eglider05,

Went thru the same journey, decided on samson rolled ovals(deep rumble) with the race tuner to get everything out of the engine possible. Very happy M&M

·
Registered
16 Posts
My dealer talked me into SE2's when I purchased the Road King a year ago. I had them on for about 3 months and went back to stock - their sound just wasn't what I wanted - not deep enough. Then, about a month ago (after running stock for 6 months or so), I heard a set of V&H ovals at my dealers as he was leaving the service bay - I had to have a set. A really nice deep rumble - and, in my opinion, not all that loud. I also use a Fuel Pak instead of the SERT or PCIII - less money and no laptop or computer needed. Works well, lotsa get up and go - simple installation. Until I modify the engine, the Fuel Pak will be OK for me. Btw, I kept the stock HD headers - I like the idea of a crossover for better low end torque.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts