V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you to all who responded to my post regard HD touring pipes. I appreciate the informatiuon and opinions.

Now, any opinions regarding the V&H Oval Slip-ons? These would be mounted on an '05 Ultra at the same time as a Stage 1 air cleaner upgrade and EFI remapping.

Also, any opinions regarding the V&H Fuel/Pak as opposed to the Power Commander or SE Race Tuner?

Again, thank you in advance for all opinons; any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Great pipes! I bought them for their overall chrome look. They are louder than I expected, but not neighbor harassment loud. They really bark at 3500 RPM and up, good bass also.

·
CROM ICE
132 Posts
SD I have the V&H on my 05 Ultra. I agree with Sarge, at first they didn't
seem loud enough, but once you get them cranking , they sound DEEP. They seem to get louder ,the more miles you rack up. I also did the up grades too.
Good luck.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
they are a nice muffler. I agree they can be stealth if you want them to be..If you really want a nice sound out of them go with the true dual set up. This WILL make it louder though, but put is into stereo..........look at my avatar,thats what i run.

·
Registered
351 Posts
full V&H system

I have an 04 FLHTi with the V&H Tru Duals & V&H classic slips (most basic model, no end cap). I have the SE air filter & H-D Race Fueler (efi tweak) + HD download. If I were doing it over, I would have went with the SE Race Tuner (same pipes + air filter). The SE RT is the way to go in my opinion... spot on tuning.
The pipes sound nice too... my frined has a 2006 RK w/sidecar with the exact same setup but with the race tuner... pipes sound nice & do not pop... mine pop a little on decel..I think the RT would cure this...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts