V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well lost my end cap on my bottom pipe when cruising through traffic in downtown today. They were beat anyways. So it is kind of serendipitous really. The sound was very good before with my build and this combo of pipe/baffle. Power is pretty decent too. Very smooth. Well after loosing the end cap I noticed a definite improvement in sound. Louder, deeper, with a very cool reverberation. So got home and took the other end cap off. Sound is simply amazing. Don't notice any loss of low end power.

ANyone else do this with there longshots? Can't belive that type of end cap makes that big of a difference but then after looking at them they sure are thick so I am sure that restricts the exhaust a bit. INteresting too is that when you are about 10 feet behind my bike you get a real good exhaust pulse from the way they were before. No you can stand about 18ft away and the pulse is even better. Lots of leaves being kicked up too. Well thats all I have to say about that. keepem sharp

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just had a chance to put about 130 miles on today. Wonderful late riding weather. I have to say that taking the end caps off my longshots was the best thing I have done to this bike outside of the engine build. Sound and performance is noticeable. Mid range and upper end makes it an arm stretcher with a nice raspy low/loud rumble. What a sound on decel. Acceleration is the same too. Between shifts you get that nice blatt to the pipes. I get even less popping/backfiring than with the end caps that were on before. DIdn't get much with them on but did get an ocassional one. Can't figure it out but I am sold. Likem better than my RB 2/1 and I like that pipe alot. keepem sharp

1 - 2 of 2 Posts