V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the the longshots on my '05 EFI Fatboy and it seems that you can put the flanges on backwards, can anyone post a pick of what the flanges look like when properly installed on the engine.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
When insalling the flanges on the pipes, you must first put the flanges on with the recessed side facing up(towards the heads). After you make sure they are on that way then instal the clip. The clip should sit just about flush with the flange, when installed correctly the flange wont be able to be pulled off. When bolting the pipes on the cyl head i use a DROP of antiseize(will make easier to take off next time)start the nut on the studs and tighten with finger EQUALLY. Make sure the pipes are seated in the gasket correctly and tighen a little bit of each stud at the time. Don't crank them down too much, you don''t want to snap a stud. THe generall rule with exhast is mount everything LOOSELY and the tighten down from front to back. Start up and listen for leaks....All done.....I hope this helped a noob...might want to introduce yourself in the proper section so we can all get to know ya a little.........good luck...txchop

1 - 3 of 3 Posts