V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
hearitage 04 vivid black
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have long shots on my heritage and i pulled the baffles out. i have no power at all. i ask the harley dealer and they said to put them back in and it would be better. so i did and it runs great now. i understand about the back preasure but why is it so important on those pipes. i thought it was all about the jetting but it wasnt it was all about the baffles. it wouldnt go over 90 before now it goes well over 100 now:thumbsup: not that i need to go that fast.:dunno:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do your long shots have end caps ?
Because I took the baffles out of a set that were on a 03 fat boy that had a stage one big bore and the dealer flash and it runs great with out them but not with out the end caps. It sounds a little different than my softail with the thundermonsters in straight shots.

·
hearitage 04 vivid black
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how do you think the thunder monster baffles would work in a 2004 heritage with a bone stock motor with v&h long shots
thanks

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Not what you asked but I used to have the long shots on my screamin eagle deuce and they scraped when I cornered. Gave me chills when that happened. As to the baffles, yep back pressure is pretty important.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I run longshots on my e glide with thunder monsters, mild engine build and they rock. Loud, great sound, best I have heard, mid range is excellant where I do most of my riding anyways. keepem sharp

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
The larger the cam overlap the more important pipe selection becomes

Cam overlaps:

Stock - 6
SE203 - 35
SE204 - 30
SE211 - 40
SE257 - 45
SE258 - 49
37G - 32