V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the sound of the V&H Basic Slipons but wondering if anyone has tried the Classic Slipons? Was told by V&H that the baffle is a tade different and of course a little more restrictive partly due to the end caps. 02 FLHTCUI
Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
206 Posts
Brian,

Just a note -- V&H doesn't have the '02 slip-ons ready yet, FWIW. Last I heard them say, was late April ('02 rear axle size larger).

Mitch

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had V&H classic slip ons on my Ultra, nice sounding pipe but too darn loud, could not hear the radio until I really cranked it up. Installed a set of Khrome Werks one piece slip ons, great deep rumble and I can hear the radio again.
Gary

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just got the V&H slashcuts installed on my FLTRI. The '02 slipons are on perpetual backorder right now. They sent out several sets initially but no light at the end of the tunnel for when they might be available again.

My dealer used the '01 versions and dented the inside of the pipe (right side) with a hammer to clear the frame. I looked at it----it's fine, can't see it unless you get on your knees looking. They do sound deep and very nice.

MikeM

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.
Vagabond2000....so the Khrome Werks are deeper than the V&H?
I hate buying new pipes....Most of the time no one is running what I want to hear around where I ride.
Brian

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another Question.
First scoot with EFI, will going to stage 1 or just replacing the mufflers kill the mileage? Didn't buy the FLHTCUI to be a hotrod, just a touring bike. My carb bike after the stage 1 (minus the Dynojet kit....just changed jets), still got 46 mpg, just wondering if the EFI will be the same?
Brian

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes the Khrome Werks are much deeper than the V&H and not nearly as raspy if that makes sense, and much quietier, but still sound very nice, matter of fact 3 riding friends also went to Khrome Werks after hearing mine. I am only getting about 40 mpg on my Ultra but that is mostly around town and many back roads, have not had it on the highway yet, so I imagine it will do better there. Mine is stock except for the pipes. Had the same experience on my carbed bike as you with the Dyno-jet, damn thing will ruin your fuel mileage. Was wondering the same thing about the HD chip flash, could stand a little more power but not 35 mpg lol.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vagabond2000.....

Maybe if we are fairly close we could meet so I could hear your pipes? I am in Frederick.
Brian

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just wanted to share my 2 cents, I have a 02 Road King Classic. I had the same problem with finding pipes for my new bike. I purchase from my Harley dealer a set of slip ons that I thought would sound good. They sound just like the OEM pipes! They are the ones that you can change the end caps and they are not screaming eagle brand. Don't waste your money like I did, they look good but don't change the sound at all. I think it cost me about $600 after the labor and download. :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts