V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at changing out the stock exhaust in the next two months (with A/C and Powercommander) on a 2005 Road King Classic. I am really torn between the Rineharts and the V&H Dresser Duals. In speaking with the V&H rep at Sturgis this year he mentioned an article in one of the bike magazines on the Dresser Duals and a comparison to other pipes with regard to performance etc... Has anyone seen this article yet? With regard to the V&H, if you are running these duals, what was the decision to go with the V&H over the other duals out there. I know that others will want to talk about Bassani and Hooker, etc... but I am just looking at these two exhausts. No future mods at this point on the bike. Just wanting a little more HP and a better sound right now. Also, any thoughts on the ease of install on the V&H would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
Rineharts - will only accept their slip-on's (so you are limited if you don't like'em) and have had lots of quality issues with cracking and the rear brace.

Bassani - major drawback is the "post-birthing donut" that adorns the right side which also generates heat for your right thigh.

V&H - best in terms of looks, options, price, and quality...that is why I have them.:cheers:

·
Registered
1 Posts
V/H Dresser Ovals

I`ve had them on for 3 years. 2002 FLHRI with Stage I kit and HD Race tuner. At first i thought they were too loud but they are just the right tone for me. Good quality good chrome although I found just a little rust inside the tips when I went to put it away for the winter. I`m happy with them. Do it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
06 RKC, a/c, power commander, stock headers & V&H oval slip ons - sound is ok...quality is great. I have listened to a couple of buddies bikes with roughly the same setup but with Rinehart dual system & the sound is much better- deep throaty sound I'm craving. louder too.

Dave

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
fxdl raw said:
I am looking at changing out the stock exhaust in the next two months (with A/C and Powercommander) on a 2005 Road King Classic. I am really torn between the Rineharts and the V&H Dresser Duals. In speaking with the V&H rep at Sturgis this year he mentioned an article in one of the bike magazines on the Dresser Duals and a comparison to other pipes with regard to performance etc... Has anyone seen this article yet? With regard to the V&H, if you are running these duals, what was the decision to go with the V&H over the other duals out there. I know that others will want to talk about Bassani and Hooker, etc... but I am just looking at these two exhausts. No future mods at this point on the bike. Just wanting a little more HP and a better sound right now. Also, any thoughts on the ease of install on the V&H would be appreciated.
Thanks.
I have the Vance & Hines True Duals with a set of Samson Rolled Thunder Oval, stage 1 and a PowerCommander on my '05 Road King Custom.

I haven't seen the article you're talking about but you can find a lot of info on this setup right here on this forum. I chose this setup because it is one of the best performer and the sound is sweet.

Also, there's a map for the PowerCommander for this exact setup.

Good luck,
Bobby B.

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
00 Fatboy said:
06 RKC, a/c, power commander, stock headers & V&H oval slip ons - sound is ok...quality is great. I have listened to a couple of buddies bikes with roughly the same setup but with Rinehart dual system & the sound is much better- deep throaty sound I'm craving. louder too.

Dave
All that you hear is the product of a true duel header system. It does not matter brand, I preferred the V&H for all the reasons stated above, and did run the ovals on the stock headers before my build, but when I did the build I also put the V&H head pipes on.

They sound night and day, true duels, you can lean either way and hear your cylinder firing, and from the rear it is too cool.

·
Registered
3 Posts
fxdl raw said:
With regard to the V&H, ...... what was the decision to go with the V&H over the other duals out there. ....any thoughts on the ease of install on the V&H would be appreciated.
Thanks.
i wanted to use my kerkers, w/ reinharts you use their own mufflers only.

the price off ebay from easternperformance was great.

v&h chrome job is very nice.

very easy to instasll. takes longer to get the opld krap off.

kl

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I bought the V&H so I could run other slip ons. I am running Bassani slip ons at the moment and love em. Nice deep sound to them.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will tell you what, the more I look at this site and the past experiences with V&H, I can not go wrong with them. They have always had top notch chrome and I have never had a problem with the performance. Thanks for all of the input on this. Hopefully by the end of the January I will have them on the bike. Nice little winter project to get the bike set up.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
stock headpipe is like watching a 27 in T.V., the dresser duals is like watch a big screen with surround sound......once you go duals, you will never go back...look up at my pic.........you also cant go wrong with V+H

1 - 10 of 10 Posts