V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to the V&H reps at Daytona this weekend and asked about their plans for headers and o2 bungs for touring bikes. Here it is.....
All three reps were in on our conversation. Vance& Hines will not offer a stepped pipe for Harley Davidsons unless HD makes it available on their bikes. V&H will not be offering welded o2 bungs on the headers until HD has closed-loop available on all product lines.
I could not believe what I was hearing and questioned how an aftermarket provider would only offer a better product if the manufacturer did it first!!?? I asked what about o2 and so many other aftermarket ECM companies offering o2 solutions? They said they didn't care what those companies were doing, HD only had one bike with o2 and until HD committed to it on the full line of bikes, Vance&Hines would not offer it.
Truly sounds like with all the changes at V&H that the beancounters are running the company.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Possibly they've done a little market research and determined that they wouldn't make money offering pipes with 02 sensor bungs for bikes that would benefit only by using aftermarket efi controllers. I would guess that market would be pretty small. At the end of the day, the only thing that counts for any company is how many beans they have.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More like they are only doing what they have to for their mufflers. There are a lot of us like me who are looking for a pipe package. I'm stuck between going with the TRex 3 or 4 inch, or finding a nice stepped header, ceramic coated with 2 o2 bungs. Then find some slip-ons, which looks like I might try the Khrome Werks HP100+. This option might give me some flexiblilty to try different pipes and not lose a bunch of money on a full system.

I can dream.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts