V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my last shot before purchasing. I have the SE II's slipons on my fatboy, no popping, runs great, just like the looks of the BSS. Do you guys have any poblems with them. I saw the thread on popping, etc. I don't want my bike to sound like some rat if this is going to happen.

Also, I was going to go with the quiet baffels, I have the stage 1 , you think it would be fine just switching out the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I have the BSS on my 05 Annv Fat Boy, ,K&N AC , no map change. I had the SE II Slip On before and my BSS sound better and look better . No popping on decell unless I am at max RPM and decell as hard as I can (on the brakes and downshifting HARD) and then only a couple of pops same as when I had the Slip Ons. Normal to agressive riding they are fine.

I don't know if it is because I have the Annv Model with the factory 95ci and comes with basicly a SE AC (replaced the element with the K&N for SE AC), my dealer (Bartels in Marina Dey Rey, Ca) checked the ECM MAP and said that what it came with was as good as it would get with out a SERT or PC III and the AFR is OK as is.

I'm very happy with the way it runs and the BSS look better than the Shot Gun pipes (IMO), plus you can use the passenger foot pegs with out burning the shoe.

Xaran

·
Registered
755 Posts
Markfatboy05 said:
This is my last shot before purchasing. I have the SE II's slipons on my fatboy, no popping, runs great, just like the looks of the BSS. Do you guys have any poblems with them. I saw the thread on popping, etc. I don't want my bike to sound like some rat if this is going to happen.

Also, I was going to go with the quiet baffels, I have the stage 1 , you think it would be fine just switching out the exhaust.
They look good, sound deep too. Decel popping is a tuning issue and I have not heard it inherently connected to those pipes. A power Commander or SERT and a dyno-tune always makes everything happier - even a stage one.

Good luck with-em'

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the Stage 1, air cleaner and download, bie is fuel inj, and runs great right now. like the loos off the BSS, an reading in here, sounds like I would go with the quiet baffels.

·
Winter SUCKS
1,353 Posts
Markfatboy05 said:

I ride an 03' FLSTCi. The day I picked up the bike, I had the Stage 1 done (SE air breather / HD download etc.). I also had the V & H BSS installed. Absolutely LOVE them! They look and sound awesome (you can "click" on my profile, and see them on my bike). I really checked around before I bought, and have no regrets with these pipes. I have no popping or back firing at all. IMHO - get em!
Just my -2$en#e- .............Ride safe.......

·
Registered
271 Posts
03 FatBoy EFI Had stage 1 done at 100 miles went with SEII slipons
Kept them for 7000 miles, two new buddies started riding with us and both had BSS on Heritages
had BSS installed sounds great regular baffles
not sure if I lost low end like some say you do pulls smoother thru midrange and better topend no popping which I had on hard decel with SEII's
I actually like the over under shotgun look, but this opens up the whole back end which really looks good especially on a Fattie

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Markfatboy,

The BSS are louder than the SEII, with the stock baffels a lot louder with a slight bark. I changed to the quiet baffels and they are still louder than the SEII but also a more deep sound.

Xaran

1 - 9 of 9 Posts