V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever experienced the sound/prformance of V&H's new Big Shots with the "power chamber"? What did you think?

M

·
0 Posts
I have just installed the longshots with power chamber on a fat boy. Nice deep burbly sound, lot better than my stock exhaust (I had removed the plugs in the baffle). The car alarms dont like it so much though :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
V&H Longshots

monoi said:
I have just installed the longshots with power chamber on a fat boy. Nice deep burbly sound, lot better than my stock exhaust (I had removed the plugs in the baffle). The car alarms dont like it so much though :)

I've got longshots on my 99 FXSD. I've got the baffles out and they sound awesome but they do set off the occasional car alarm

M

·
0 Posts
What do those baffles look like ? I peer into the exhaust and i dont see anything, apart from some metal wires each forming a sort of u shape on the sides of the tube. Thats probably to generate some back pressure. Apart from that it looks pretty empty. Where would those baffles be located ?

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
If you look at the rear of the pipes (where exhaust exits), you should see some hex nuts towards the inside of the bike. Remove these screws and SOMETHING will slide out. These are your baffles. Now, I am speaking for the V/H longshots. You cannot miss them.

Prepare to wake the dead and the neighbors.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I made the jump over from the V&H Pro Pipe to the new V&H Big Shots (staggered). Awesome sound and not any (by the seat anyway) noticable difference in power. I love the sound of these things WITH the baffles in...can't imagine why anyone would want to lose the baffles along with the power when they sound great with the baffs...:confused:

M

·
0 Posts
I looked again, and I see what you mean. I might remove them some day if Im bored...., as a research type thing....its plenty loud as it is now.:p

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
ok ok i am gonna order these pipes in the morning but which ones do i get? i have a heritage softail and im debating on the staggered or the longs. i think i like the looks of the staggered the way they look with the tips that supposedly come with them. which would look best on a heritage?? please let me know and if anyone has pics let see!!!!!!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have already bought my V&H longshots, just waiting for the bike to come in. You all have mentioned something I wasn't aware of. Is the "power chamber" something extra I need to buy or is it included with the pipes?

M

·
0 Posts
The power chamber is just a crossover built into the pipes where they rejoin, a bit like the new harleys. It looks like 2 separate pipes from the outside, but they 're not really. Quite clever.. So they should come with it as a matter of fact.

M

·
0 Posts
otterbob,

I can send u pics tonite of my fatboy with the ling shots if u want. let me know.

·
Registered
695 Posts
monoi,
Sure appreciate your reply, thanks. I doing my best to learn all I can (everyday) before my bike comes in. Thanks for your help.
SURE!!!!! I love to see a picture of your bike with the longshots on it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey otterbob, with the bigshots being larger does your foot ever rub up against the pipes, they look mighty close to the floorboard?? And does anyone know if there is a sound difference in the longs and the staggered??

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Ordered up some staggered Big Shots to go with my EFI Fatboy, and after reading this thread I'm glad I purchased them :D

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
no the pipes dont seem to be in the way of the floorboards, no worse than the stockers. these pipes are great. vance and hines are top-notch pipes. they are a great fit and sound awesome. between these pipes, the thunderslide jet kit and the s+s k&n the bike runs 100% better.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts