V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to upgrade the exhaust on my 05 FLHTI I currenlty am running 95" HC pistons, SE 203 cams, stage 1, Power Commander, and SE pipes. I like the looks of the V&H Big Shot Duals, but I have no idea of how they sound or perform as compaired to the Reinharts. I know a lot of people swear by the Reinharts. I also like the looks of the HardKhrome TRex True Duals, but again how do they compare against the Reinharts? Any comments would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone have any info on any of these pipes? I would really like to know if I will lose anything going to the V&H Bigshot Duals?

·
Registered
37 Posts
You will lose some low end torque with any true dual system, I'd say that they all would be pretty similiar in terms of pefromance. If it's performance your after 2 into 1 is your best bet.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't care that I won't have a drag racing bike, but I do not want to lose too much low end, any ideas how much low end will be lost by going to a true dual exhaust system? Also, If I go to a true dual exhaust system what are the best ones? Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just ordered a set of the Hard Krome t-rex, will have them put them on with my big bore, se204 cams, sert, will not be able to tell you much until spring though, will have an idea from the dyno runs when it gets done in a few weeks though.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please post the Dyno results when you get them. I went to the dealership today, and they had two StreeGlides side byside, one had Reinharts and the other one was sporting V&H Big Shot True Duals. They started both of them up for me and I can tell you, the Reinharts had a much deeper tone, than the V&Hs. Also the V&Hs looked great alongside the bike, but the looked kinda small exiting out the rear of the bike. I think I am going with the Reinharts unless the T-Rexs have good Dyno numbers and a good sound. I like the deep sound over the raspy sound.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
:beer: I recently purchased and installed V&H Big Shot True Duals on my EG standard. The looks was what sold me on them. They are sleek one piece pipes, while a little small, look good on the bagger. Sound is more like a drag pipe than the SEs that were on it before. Have ridden it twice (due to weather) and performance from seat of the pants did not seem to loose much. The sound is really awesome when you twist the throttle. Going to put V&H fuel pack on it later this month and am sure that will smooth it out and increase the ease of the ride. Good luck in whatever you choose.:brows:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Big Shot Duals

Just installed V & H Big Shot Duals on my FLHRCI 2006 yesterday. They look great and the sound is the best I have had. I've had Rineharts, Thunderheaders, Pythons slips, Jug Huggers over the years with various bikes. The Thunderheaders are the best performance and sound but just don't work with the classic. The others were okay but the Big Shot Duals are without question an excellent choice for your bagger. I lost 2 H.P. on the Dyno but I didn't notice it. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the t-rex true duals with pc3usb on a flhrsei and the low end is beter than with my se performance slipons i had before. cant give you any dyno results but i have never had so many compliments before on how a set of pipes sound as I have with these. As I get after it and shift into second no problem to get the front tire to lift a little.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts