V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could use a little Help with the Big Radius Pipes, IM looking to purchase my first set of Vance & Hines Big Radius. is there much loss in the low to mid range torque with these pipes for the street, if so would i "really really" notice it?. i have a 04 Texas Chopper 111 S&S Motor was thinking of removing the baffles when i get them and using the big city thunder monsters just to have a little back pressure for the street only to get a little more sound without loosing anymore Low to Mid if there is any loss at all. Or should I keep the stock baffles in. if recommended any suggestions I really like the looks and sound of the Big Radius and IM going to use them regardless just need some input. Thanks...:thanks:

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
I had a txchopper with the big radius. I did notice a loss in tq in the low end with them. I had the baffles out for sound purposes only. The bike got all the attention in town and i was given some trouble by the local police, but i expected that. The pipe that comes on the is a great performer..fatcat i believe....If you just want it for looks and are not worried about power(the 111 had some power to spare) then go for it......I took the pipes and put the stocker back on after 1 season and had it tuned....wow.....what a difference....look in my profile for a pic...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply txchop! i kinda figured there would be a loss with the baffles out. thats why im hopeing that the thunder monsters will wake up the low end a bit and hope not to notice the loss in torque,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts