V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride a 2000 FLHT and am interested in installing the V&H 2 into 1 Propipe. All I do is tour. No in town riding if I can help it. Running 1550 flat tops, stock heads, 42 Mikuni, SE breather kit and TW37 Andrews chain drive cams. My question to anyone with a RK or dresser who has installed this pipe-does the exhaust note tire you out after a day of riding. In other words is it too loud to enjoy for sustained highway driving. Any input would be greatly appreciated and may you all have a safe and happy new year.

·
Registered
86 Posts
MFN:

I read yer posts and figured out yer ol goldwinger with sensitive ears and alot time to kill at work !!! I 've got a final solution for ya....sell that FLHT take yer cash and buy a Vespa...make sure to stuff the exhaust with some potatoes to muffle the sound....that should suit yer needs......If you were a real man you'd buy them Rineharts.......hahhahhaha
from yer buddy....Have a Happy New Year........

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the Pro Pipe on my road King. I love it. I don't find the sound too loud and I have done several long trips since I put the pipes on in August (5K). Get em and enjoy em. Great performance boost also.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I had the SE pro-pipe on my FLSTCI Heritage, which is made by V&H. The only diff is the SE version has a slash cut on the end of the pipe. Fit and finish are good, and an all around good choice. You can also tune these pipes if you are so inclined.

I can provide pics if you want.

·
Registered
276 Posts
the pro-pipe sounds great and is not too loud. switched from hooker slip-ons on my RG, much happier with performance and sound

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks boys for the input. Ordered the pipe and looking forward to the first ride in the spring. Paid $396.00 which I thought wasn't a bad price. Anything I should know about the installation or is it straight forward?

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I have received the propipe. The baffle is approx 7 in length with no fiberglass packing around it. Is this a torque baffle or a horsepower baffle?

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well boys I installed the pro pipe and took her for a ride yesterday and today. Put on over 100 miles and what a treat. Real nice deep tone on acceleration combined with a nice rumble rolling down the road with steady throttle. Seems the bike revs quicker and pulls stronger by seat of the pants feel for what that is worth. For those of you who helped with your insight I appreciate it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts