V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been quoted (in UK) £293 for PC USBIII and 3x£60 to fit and dyno = £473 at $2 to £1 thats $946 !

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
A friend of mine just brought me a cap back from Manchester Harley that was marked £20 ($40). Yikes! Do you guys pay double US price for everything, or just Harley stuff?

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
A pc will run in the 360 range and a dyno tune is approx 300 on avg and labor to install a pc should be no more than 1 hr so if you figure what that cost here 740 and shipping on that PC to UK you are paying more but then again it is not like you are local shipping for the products.

·
Registered
54 Posts
They pay double for everything and if they try to buy out of country they get slapped with obscene taxes (45% and up)

I tried to get some guys in the UK to stop buying parts for their GTR's locally because of the rediculous prices but after all the taxes they pay on imported parts.... it really wasnt worth it.

I think its called VAT... Dont know what it stands for. Very Assinine Tax maybe? haha! omg that was weak...

·
Rider!
201 Posts
donk_316 said:
...I think its called VAT... Dont know what it stands for. Very Assinine Tax maybe? haha! omg that was weak...
VAT=Value Added Tax....

Your definition is probably more accurate, though.

Patrick :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts