V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on a trip to Utah next year, will be hitting all of the National Parks, Arches-Canyonlands-Zion-Bryce Canyon-Capitol Reef, has anyone been to these parks and if so how much time is needed to see them. Time constraints may require two parks per day in addition to 200-250 miles on the road, such as Arches and Canyonlands in a day or Bryce Canyon and Zion in a day. Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Monument Valley is a great ride, it takes the better part of a day.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
Seriously, I know that the trip between the two ends can be done in a day, you're not going to want to do them in just one day. We took this same trip this spring and the roads going through Capitol reef and from Torrey, UT down to Bryce Cyn are just so damn scenic you won't believe it. http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/vacation_pics/

You can easily do Zion and Bryce in a day but Arches and Canyonlands are pretty spread out and you might have to choose your entry point to Canyonlands and stick to that area.

For our trip we started in Vegas and made it to Panguitch the first day. The second day we only made it to Torrey where we stayed at the motel up on the hill where UT12 ends, nice place. And then we went to Moab the third day going through Capitol Reef and Natural Bridges NM. The scenery is spectacular. :thumbsup: Kodachrome basin near Bryce was interesting but for the amount of time required is wasn't worth the side trip.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cop_Stanger said:
Seriously, I know that the trip between the two ends can be done in a day, you're not going to want to do them in just one day. We took this same trip this spring and the roads going through Capitol reef and from Torrey, UT down to Bryce Cyn are just so damn scenic you won't believe it. http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/vacation_pics/

You can easily do Zion and Bryce in a day but Arches and Canyonlands are pretty spread out and you might have to choose your entry point to Canyonlands and stick to that area.

For our trip we started in Vegas and made it to Panguitch the first day. The second day we only made it to Torrey where we stayed at the motel up on the hill where UT12 ends, nice place. And then we went to Moab the third day going through Capitol Reef and Natural Bridges NM. The scenery is spectacular. :thumbsup: Kodachrome basin near Bryce was interesting but for the amount of time required is wasn't worth the side trip.
I'm spending a night in Moab, then going through Capitol Reef and ending up in Cannonville. Then after spending the night in Cannonville, I wanted to do both Bryce and Zion, and then go to Vegas, in one day. Do you think it can be done?

·
Registered
844 Posts
I live in Utah, and one of my favorite riding trips was Arches. I really think you are pushing it. You wpuldn't believe how much there is to see and how vast it is. It would be a shame to just rush through it, in an attempt to check it off your list. I'd go for quality, not quantity, and pick one. Just my .02

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Misterb said:
I live in Utah, and one of my favorite riding trips was Arches. I really think you are pushing it. You wpuldn't believe how much there is to see and how vast it is. It would be a shame to just rush through it, in an attempt to check it off your list. I'd go for quality, not quantity, and pick one. Just my .02
I think you are right, I will be spending the night at Durango, taking in Mesa Verde right away in the morning and then heading to Moab. I am going to stay in Moab 2 nights in order to spend an entire day in Arches and Canyonlands.

·
Registered
844 Posts
sthorp said:
I think you are right, I will be spending the night at Durango, taking in Mesa Verde right away in the morning and then heading to Moab. I am going to stay in Moab 2 nights in order to spend an entire day in Arches and Canyonlands.

You're gonna love it. When you hear your pipes echo off red rock walls that are hundreds of feet tall, it will bring a smile to your face.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
MisterB is right. This is an area to be savored as much as possible. My favorite area was from Torrey down to Bryce. Riding the ridge line with a drop off on both sides and the nice curvy area just south of Torrey, the view for miles in all directions, red rock, Kiva Coffee house.....and on and on. There's just sooo much it's unbelievable. Enjoy. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts