V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know about this ride on June 24th. It is from Florabama to Seville Quarter in P-Cola for those of you who are familiar with the area. It will be a good ride for a good cause. It is $10 or a toy for a card. Show your support!

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
Yep.....Floribama has been open again for quite some time. Still much work being done. What I like about it is that they are charging $3 for a regular beer even during the off-season. What does a beer cost the Floribama, or any bar for that matter?...about $.30, maybe. I guess Floribama didn't get enough insurance money from hurricane Ivan. I aint poor but it chaps my ass that these places in Pensacola charge $3 for a beer. What makes it worse is that you always should tip the bartender or waitress, which I always do. So, there goes $4 for a beer to fatten up the owner's wallet.

The only place you still get a longneck for $2 is the Sandshaker Bar on Pensacola Beach. They haven't raised their prices and it's the same as it was before Ivan now. ALL other bars on the beach charge $3...except the "Paradise Bar"..which is $2.75. Won't be long before they go up either I bet.

I hope the Floribama boys clean off a good parking area for a big bike ride if that is the final stop. Right now there is just sand and a little gravel in front. I was there 2 weeks ago on a Friday afternoon. Before Ivan, they had laid a nice piece of asphalt for bike parking only...it may just be covered up. I'll be on the ride but won't support the huge wallet of the owners.

If you are from out of town or close by and belong to the American legion...stop by Post 240 on Gulf Beach Highway sometime. Longnecks are $1.40 and we have $1.00 beer ALL DAY and EVENING LONG on Thursdays.
And be sure and visi the Sandshaker next time you're close to Pensacola Beach. GREAT place and friendly bartenders too.

Semper Fi,
Steve....Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Flora~Bama is the start of the ride and they will have plenty of room by June for bikes. The ride ends at Seville Quarter and we will have Government St blocked off for us. I live in Innerarity Point and ride by Post 240 all the time. I will definitely have a few of those $1.40 beers when I drop off the flyers. Maybe I will see you there Steve Semper Fi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts