V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing this commercial on TV for pledge (yes, the wood cleaner). And this annoying British guy on there walking from room to room bragging about how pledge cleans more than just wood. He was saying, among other things, that it was great for shining motorcycles.

Seriously?? Pledge???

Has anyone tried this? If so, how does it work? Anything to be concerned about?

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have used it and it works fine. It's not a substitute for my normal polishing and waxing, but if I don't have much time or am feeling lazy I will use Pledge.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
works great for me.

·
Outsider
1,339 Posts
This stuff is magic in a bottle.

·
Iron Butt
1,124 Posts
I take pledge on roadtrips for the windshield,it works best.Bugs etc.No fogging or scratching.

will also use on a clean bike when lazy with a microfiber cloth,brings out the shine like no other.

But this is not a cleaning tool and shoudn't be used as so.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I concur it works great on a windshield or helmet face shield.

Also shines up plastics on a dirt bike or quad too.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm glad your talking about the winshield, whats the best thing to use to clean it with other than soap and water ? Sometimes my shields dirty but the bike is fine. With that said, will pledge make is easier to keep clean without the worry of turning it brown ?

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
I put a good coat of wax on my bike in the fall and spring. All other times it's soap and water, and then Pledge. It works great on the windshield and face shield as well. The bugs don't seem to stick as well with the pledge.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Not for cleaning but for detailing, works great...do a search and see hundreds of posts

·
Iron Butt
1,124 Posts
I'm glad your talking about the winshield, whats the best thing to use to clean it with other than soap and water ? Sometimes my shields dirty but the bike is fine. With that said, will pledge make is easier to keep clean without the worry of turning it brown ?
Soap and water on a road trip?...not very convenient.

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
I'll stick to using products intended for my bike. Furniture polish doesn't protect that well out in the weather.

·
Registered
13 Posts
that's all i use. no waxes or polishes. pledge on all parts of the bike. works great. have used it on my show corvettes for years it works:) no buildup, great shine.

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
It also is great for quikly removing waterspots from a quick shower and you can buy it anywhere
Same goes for detail spray, and it's made specially for painted surfaces unlike furniture polish.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It definetly doesn't make your bike shine like a good waxing with Meguires.

Pledge is great to take along on road trips as a good all around cleaner that doesnt take up a bunch of room in your bags. I took a can with me to Sturgis this year, and was glad I did. Was cleaning off bug guts 3-4 times per day. !!thumbs

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Used it for years Pledge shine on this one I ride a lot so it a good cleaning and polish job couple time a year the rest of the time a quick wipe down with a small amount of Pledge and Micro fiber cloth. Use it on everything except power coat.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts