V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
CMA-er
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a diffenent story from 2 HD dealers. One says I can purchase anything from the stores that they order from, like Drag, Mustang, Metzler, etc... and use my chrome coupons. My closest dealer says absolutely not, only used on "Genuine HD Merchandise". He even said that they get dinged $500 by headquarters if they do it. You guys have experience with this?

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
What does the agreement say about the coupons? I'm too lazy to look, but if you don't have a copy, call the bank in the morning and ask them. NO dealer has ever given me crap about what I bought with them...
If what the dealer is doing is in violation of the agreement, roll over on them.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I was always under the impression that you had to by "genuine H-D" parts. I was saving up for SE mufflers and SE airfilter, but heck, if that's not the case, I'd rather go with something aftermarket like Ness air filter and the VH pro-pipe. I'll have to discuss this with my dealer.

·
Live Now - Go For It
89 Posts
I take my chrome cash coupons to my local dealer and they put a credit on my account at there store and I can use for anything in the store at anytime. This way I don't worry about the chrome cash coupons expiring. LOL like they are going to expire as it seems every time I am at store I spend at least another HD (HD = $100)

I believe its a dealers choice to use the coupons in the way they see fit.

The new process of ordering the coupons from usbank is a riot
I always give that computer generated voice a tough time and it sometimes makes the system have to restart or ask another question.

Technology oh well you gotta love it

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
I am not familiar with what Chrome Cash is but chances are if it is issued by Harley Davidson it is supposed to be good only for Genuine H-D parts though some dealers may be able to find a way around that though. If they are issued by the dealer then it is most likely up to the dealer. BTW is chrome cash only good on chrome or on anything Harley i.e. motorclothes, helmets, collectables?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
utrvp said:
BTW is chrome cash only good on chrome or on anything Harley i.e. motorclothes, helmets, collectables?
At first, I thought it was anything HD (parts, clothes, helmets...) but now, it sounds like (depending on your dealer) that it's good for just about anything aftermarket.

Looks like I'll just have to stop by the ol dealer and have a talksie with them.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Not only have I used mine for other than Harley parts, I've also used them for service at the dealer.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
lack of information about program

So I went to the http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/HDFS/visa.jsp?locale=en_US site to see what I could find. And all I could find were several statments that claim you can earn:
" Genuine Rewards points good for Harley Chrome™
Cash Certificates. Use your Certificates for
H-D® motorcycles, service, apparel and more"

So I went looking for more information and never found anything with a better description of what you can do with these little darlings. If anyone finds a real description I hope they will post if for all of us to read.

Meanwhile I expect this is like most other CC promotions; you have to depend upon each participating dealer to set up the use of the rewards. As far as Harley or the bank charging a dealer $ 500 if they allow the use for non-Harley item, I'll put that in the manure spreader with the rest of the feces.

·
Live Now - Go For It
89 Posts

·
CMA-er
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I got an answer.... All depends on what the local dealer wants to do. Funky... Called HD Customer service, they gave me to their HD Visa person, and that's what she said... all depends on dealer.
($500 fine... yea right!). Unfortunately, I guess I'll have to go to the dealer I don't like to order my Metzlers. :hmmm:

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
The information I'm looking for wasn't posted at the H-D Visa site.....as far as I could see. Exactly how much do you receive toward these coupons? 1%? 2%? Is there a limit per year?

T113

·
Live Now - Go For It
89 Posts
trooper113 said:
The information I'm looking for wasn't posted at the H-D Visa site.....as far as I could see. Exactly how much do you receive toward these coupons? 1%? 2%? Is there a limit per year?

T113
• Your credit card works at millions of places that accept Visa Credit cards. For every dollar in net purchases made with your card, you'll earn one H-D™ Genuine Rewards point.

• Once you rack up 2,500 points, call 1-800-699-2281 to redeem them for a $25 Harley Chrome™ Cash certificate.

• Use your Harley Chrome™ Cash toward MotorClothes® Apparel, Genuine Motor Accessories and service at participating, authorized Harley-Davidson® dealerships – or even save them to get a new Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.

I didn't see any limit per year and I have never been turned down on submittals

Please see this link for more info:
http://www.usbank.com/cgi_w/jsp/credit/harleydavidson/visa_card.jsp?ICS_Source=47000&CAT_Code=

Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
trooper113 said:

T113
$25 for every $2,500

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Thanks...it does help. If it were 2% or more I'd be interested, but I already receive a 1% cash rebate on all card purchases and as much as 5% cash rebate on fuel and groceries.

T113

·
CMA-er
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This card is actually really good for me. I just redeemed $400 worth for new tires (hopefully) and some other stuff, and this was less than 2 years worth of purchases.... I charge my daughter's college tuition on it!

·
Live Now - Go For It
89 Posts
:banana: I enjoy my HD Visa Card and get lots of compliments on the picture of my bike on the card. It really surprises me when I shop a HD store and hear the HD clerk say "Wow Kewl I didn't know you could put a picture on your Visa" even some HD stores aren't really familiar with the HD card. I am also lucky as I use my HD Visa card for my travel expenses each month so I am always getting 6 or 7 coupons per quarter. Membership does have its Privileges (no what that's for the other card) LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts