V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im doing the deuce wheel conversion and i need to move my wheel 1/8" (.125) to the right the calaper is being ground down right now but the local deal doesnt have the 2" spacer that i need, question is could i just put some stainless washers that measure .125 together w/ my existing spacer till the part comes in? think it would be a bad idea? any opinions welcome. the dealer is having an open house thing this weekend and i want to be able to ride it up there plus to and from school so i dont have to drive my truck. I dont think a washer on each side of the spacer would hurt anything?
thanks
-Matt

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
go for it

Should be no issue as long as you don't use lockwashers, only flat, and the total stack height is correct. A spacer is just a really thick washer, afterall.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
masstch said:
Should be no issue as long as you don't use lockwashers, only flat, and the total stack height is correct. A spacer is just a really thick washer, afterall.

ok sweet ill run by the hardware store and hope they have something the right size

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I had to use a machine bushing(basically a washer but flatter and more uniform) when I replaced my stock front spacers with new ones. On a bagger, the right side spacer is slightly longer then the left and for some reason the new ones were the same size.

Obviously this isn't the ''correct'' way to do it but I can't see the harm if they are secure.

Just remember they are in there if you ever take it apart or let someone else who might be taking it apart know so they get back in there in the right place.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got it all done, works great, bike looks awesome w/ the chrome rear and 160 :beer4u:

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
What, no picture of the washers?

:roflback: :roflback: :hystria:

·
Registered
901 Posts
You know that this just voided your extended warranty, right?

(But of course, using the official "Screaming Eagle" spacer would have also)

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well crap :hmmm:
oh thats right I dont have one of those things to worry about

1 - 10 of 10 Posts