V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here know of anyone selling a tour pack (Not Damaged)! Looking for Vivid Black preferably with all the detachables already on. Or does anyone know a website I could look for something like this?

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
dom1410 said:
Does anyone here know of anyone selling a tour pack (Not Damaged)! Looking for Vivid Black preferably with all the detachables already on. Or does anyone know a website I could look for something like this?
I hate to state the obvious but, have you tried Ebay? Quite a few on there.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
dom1410 said:

dom,

Ebay has a section specifically for cars and motorcycles:

http://www.motors.ebay.com/

Under Parts and Accessories, click on "Motorcycle", then type "Harley tour pack" into the search window. 57 hits.

good luck,

wyo

·
Registered
404 Posts
Ebay is the place. Bought mine for 75 bucks with 2 extra tops. Holes all in it because it came off of a michigan cop bike, but I was restoring a Jersey cop bike, so it's all good. A little platic patching and filler, a little matching paint and new hinges. Walked out of it for less that 150, looks and works like brand new.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I got a detachable from Benjys for 911 with shipping. Forgot one docking kit, bought locally for $20. This includes luggage rack and keyed locks. Lot of money. But I have not taken it off.

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
pajoe said:
I don't remember what he had but do remember it being priced right - it was something like 25% of orginal price.

http://www.billscustomcycles.com/
And as a bonus there is a DynoJet shop right next door run by these really cool South Africans. Very nice people and a very "old school" shop with a new DynoJet and some very nice equipment.

http://www.americancyclefab.com/main.htm

On my Stock 05 Glide V&H Ovals, SE AF, and Power Commander had me at
70 HP and 80 TQ.

And if you want to drool a little, click on that Restorations link on their page.......

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
wyodude said:
dom,

Ebay has a section specifically for cars and motorcycles:

http://www.motors.ebay.com/

Under Parts and Accessories, click on "Motorcycle", then type "Harley tour pack" into the search window. 57 hits.

good luck,

wyo
To get more hits you can spell it differently, It's actual spelling is Tour Pak, then try Tour Pac and of course Tour Pack. Misspelling always is a better way to get a better deal. For the most part, the cheap Harley items are a thing of the past but compared to retail you can still save.

Don

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
LASHEETMETAL said:
To get more hits you can spell it differently, It's actual spelling is Tour Pak, then try Tour Pac and of course Tour Pack. Misspelling always is a better way to get a better deal. For the most part, the cheap Harley items are a thing of the past but compared to retail you can still save.

Don
So one gets more hits by using the correct spelling? :woohoo:

Good point!

Thanks Don!

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I think I've run in to the same problem as the original poster, which is why he exclaimed the portion about being undamaged. Nearly every Tour-Pak i found on ebay is damaged, and it's usually not light damage either. I've resorted to buying a factory new unit because I don't want to end up with a piece of shyt take-off from a totaled bike. I wish there was another way, but I can't seem to find a nice Tour-Pak anywhere with substantial savings over new.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As a ebay fanatic I have checked ebay, and as the previous poster stated most on ebay are damaged pretty badly. I guess there is a reason there on ebay? Would like to find one very minor damage or not damaged at all. I know I'm looking to find a needle in a haystack but $1,000 from the good ole; moco.(Bend over son I'm going in with no grease)!!!

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
:duh?:
wyodude said:
So one gets more hits by using the correct spelling? :woohoo:

Good point!

Thanks Don!
Actually, what I meant to say is, there are some sellers on e-bay that don't seem to realize how important it is to spell their items correctly. If you can use your imagination on how someone might misspell what ever they trying to sell the chances of someone else seeing that item is lessened. Exposure is the key to getting the best price. Certainly not questioning your ability to spell.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
if there are any local motorcycle swapmeets in your area you may want to check them out. they are getting started now.some good deals to be had at some of them.

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
Me, I'd hit the local swapmeets. I saw maybe 10-15 of 'em at the big swapmeet in Chicago this past weekend at McCormick Place. I bought a vivid black one for a friend for $250.00 with all the latches and such. Also got him a luggage rack from the same fellow for $60.00 new in the box. A couple of the other tour pacs I saw were damaged a little but the rest were in pretty good shape.

Do the swapmeet routine...better deals than over eBay...and you can put your hands on it.

o~\o

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
zogorion said:
I think I've run in to the same problem as the original poster, which is why he exclaimed the portion about being undamaged. Nearly every Tour-Pak i found on ebay is damaged, and it's usually not light damage either. I've resorted to buying a factory new unit because I don't want to end up with a piece of shyt take-off from a totaled bike. I wish there was another way, but I can't seem to find a nice Tour-Pak anywhere with substantial savings over new.
I too stressed trying to find one for my RG, said bag it and bought it from CHD. Bought all the detachable hardware and had it keyed for my bike. Even with all that it was cheaper then any dealer. I just had spent 17,800 + for the bike, and really had to push the Fucc It Button, and do it.

I wanted it, wanted it pristine, so I bought it new

I am VERY jealous of guys that fall into the nice deals, my luck just don't run that way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts