V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out the prices of completed auctions on ebay and what a surprise. It looks like Dynas don't have much staying power. I have a 2003 FXDL that's really loaded with about 6000 miles. Hardly worth $11,000 :mad: I hope my local market, Clev OH, is better than that.

Tim

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Subpar said:
Keep in mind it IS January 24th!
Nice avatar! Yeah, I know what you mean. Strange thing is that I've had the bike out every week this year in Cleveland area no less. Hard to believe that it's only January.

Tim

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Know what you mean. I have a 95 convertable that I've been trying to get rid of for $8500 and never received one call. Three years ago people would have jumped on it

·
Registered
62 Posts
that's partly because new prices have decreased a little but the main reason is that HD has upped production and the supply is meeting the demand. The days of riding your bike 2 years and selling it for the same money you bought it for are over. This doesn't just have to do with dynas but all HDs.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Well... looks like I might have to get another one and have a dedicated racer!!!:brows:

·
Registered
675 Posts
You really can't use Ebay as a measurement. Go look at the used scoots at your stealer and see what they are asking for them. It will in most cases be more than Ebay. As for the 95 convertible, it's age is probably affecting the market more than anything, due to financing. Very few people can pay cash for any major purchase anymore, if they can they often buy new. A dealer can get financing on your 95 that an individual can't get. I would be willing to bet that is why no calls. Unless the purchaser has a 401K he can borrow against or something like that, it is hard to get financing on an 11 year old car or motorcycle. That is why you see so many people driving new cars, pickups, scoots, etc.. They can get financing, get the payment they want, and don't pay attention to the fact that they are upside down in the note the minute they sign it, and that they will wind up having to roll that difference into the next one since they never pay one off, just trade in. My son works for a Ford dealer and says it would surprise you some of the people that are in that situation, driving a 2 year old car that they owe 9K more on than it will bring on a trade, yet they feel compelled to trade it in anyway and roll the 9K into the note on the next one. That is what 0 percent financing at 100% and that little trap gets for people.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I waited last year till spring to sell my 99 FXDX , it just had a stage I with a mikuni and I got 12,500 . I was happy

·
Registered
233 Posts
I bought my 2001 FXD in 2005 for about 10K $ and it was very good price. Now I think I could sell it for about 11,5K $ and it will be still good price for the buyer. But the market in Europe is a little different...

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Kind of like in the shovel days when the Evos came out. Prices went down on the shovelheads. Now it's the Twin-Cams era

·
Administrator
11,285 Posts
Skullman said:
Kind of like in the shovel days when the Evos came out. Prices went down on the shovelheads. Now it's the Twin-Cams era
And the prices on shovels are going up !

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Bank says they'd loan up to 12k on my 98 Dyna-Convertible..... as they handed me a pen...lol !

Elvira might get a sister...... But she aint goin NOWHERE !
;)

Budds....................

1 - 14 of 14 Posts