V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there is any interest, I will document the Attachment of the Switched USB onto the Wif's Vintage.
this

came from the auction site... to attach to the Existing "connector" at the right rear of the Nachelle.

and This

had the necessary wire length to run to the Hack..
while being Apple Approved, as per her instructions!!! LOL

If no interest in the Assemblage... I'll leave this as an Infomercial for components...

·
Registered
15,777 Posts
We're always willing to watch people work on their scooters. If nothing else to show what NOT to do.

This may be a stupid question, but why the switch? And what kind of switch does it have?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We're always willing to watch people work on their scooters. If nothing else to show what NOT to do.

This may be a stupid question, but why the switch? And what kind of switch does it have?
OK... switched, as in Controlled by bike Ignition... Ignition off... No 12v...

I could fill most forums with what not to Do!!!!:duh?:

·
Registered
15,777 Posts
Indian Vintage......it's wif's not wifi.....geeez.....I thought you knew everydamnthing. :nope:
He knows everything except he needs stronger reading glasses.:roflback:

·
Premium Member
4,706 Posts
Indian Vintage......it's wif's not wifi.....geeez.....I thought you knew everydamnthing. :nope:
He has documented that he knows everydamnthing about an engine. Maybe he's like a college professor, deep as the ocean in one area and nothing outside of that?:dunno:

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still don't know what it is, but then I don't mess with Indians, so I'm cool with it.
LOL
Wif, BitterHalf, Significant Bother, you gots One O Them??

Did Not necessarily expect ya to Know that Jayne, purchased an Indian Chief Vintage tho...

I will read it. I am reading your side hack thread and I don't have one myself. Just fascinating.
Captain Hook, I would start a Hack Thread right here, but, It would Not be Indian Only.. Don't know how that would go Over with Mgmt.

Started Years ago on a whim with a Dnepr [Russian Military] Rig.

Then Picked up a Ural [Russian Civilian Version] in Louisiana.

Me and Jayne are gettin older, and I acquired a Broken Back and Neck and Lost 2/3 of my right foot in '93... starting to catch up with me.. Pulled up to the "Camp" on the GeezerGlide last Summer and Fell over like on Laugh-In, [remember that one?]
Well Meaning folks pushed us toward Trike etc.. for Touring.
Being us... we opted for the Best Route for Us!!!

The Readers Digest Version.. LOL

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your Injun side car rig it the absolute titz!!
Thanks... It sort of Suits us!!!

My wife wants me to buy a Ural so she can bike again. I would get the optional 2 wheel drive in case it snows.lol.
I dislike the Two wheel drive ones.. But My Truck has 4WD so... I don't need to be stuck in deep snow..
The Ural will Not go thru Deep Snow.. No Ground Clearance... and Ya pay for so much I won't use... well... No 2wd Ural For Me!!

The Single wheel drive Ural is a Blast, easy to ride and downright Fun to Fly the Car!!!! Just Not Fast... at all....
If ya decide on a 1wd... LMK This one is Promised out... but Not Delivered yet!!!

·
Registered
15,777 Posts
The Single wheel drive Ural is a Blast, easy to ride and downright Fun to Fly the Car!!!! Just Not Fast... at all....
If ya decide on a 1wd... LMK This one is Promised out... but Not Delivered yet!!!
I know a guy from Jackson, MS that has the 2wd model. And you're right. 55 mph is about the max for it. I had trouble keeping my little piglet that slow when he brought it down here for a ride.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I thought I could disengage the 2nd drive like on Chevy's. Guess not.
No... I believe if ya do that it will be just like trying to Fly the car... all stop.. The Dnepr 2wd works different..
Just me Maybe, but, Im good with one wheel drive!!!

I know a guy from Jackson, MS that has the 2wd model. And you're right. 55 mph is about the max for it. I had trouble keeping my little piglet that slow when he brought it down here for a ride.
Yea... slow is putting it mildly...
That bike was Not as Much Fun in Amelia, LA, as it is Up here in the Hinterlands... where we have plenty of Gravel Roads..

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Update... it was half-assed warm today... Turns out... that don't matter... sit at dining room table, with really good Light, and Bingo Bango... wire the Adapter to the Little Metri-pack [delphi] connector.. Done.
I would have done a Pictorial But, I did Not Buy the [expensive] crimp tool for that job.. I have extensive Experience in "Making Do" and an assortment of electrical tools.. Turns out a Good set of needle nose, and two different crimpers, and done!!
I do Not want to show all that because I do not know everyones Experience level!!
Just to say this setup works a Damn with little real Drama!!!
and only about $15.00 invested in a dealio that costs from $60.00 and Up...
more from Hannigan!!!
Oh, and these Instructions
https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/document.asp?DocID=TECH00002
got me going down the right path... Not Knowing what the darn thing looked like done Right!!!!
Pretty anti-climactic... but... i started this... decided to finish it.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quite the understatement.

Are you at least going to show it mounted?😀

I'm just here for the beer.
LOL
I just went and plugged it in and made sure it worked...
I promise I will take Pictures.... when it warms again... we only get a Couple Hours Ya Know!!!!:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts