V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched everywhere and I can't find upsweep fishtail pipes that will fit my 84 FXRS Evo. Yea just like Easy Rider go ahead and laugh. It seems like my 84 is a Red Headed stepchild when it comes to old school parts. Can anyone tell me why no after market company makes pipes to fit my 84 I can find them for a shovelhead made by Santee but not my Evo. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
19,930 Posts
I have searched everywhere and I can't find upsweep fishtail pipes that will fit my 84 FXRS Evo. Yea just like Easy Rider go ahead and laugh. It seems like my 84 is a Red Headed stepchild when it comes to old school parts. Can anyone tell me why no after market company makes pipes to fit my 84 I can find them for a shovelhead made by Santee but not my Evo. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
And you wont. You'll have to build them. These folks should have the makings you'll need.

Welcome To The Paughco, Inc. Web Site

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answers I'm not surprised that I will have to build my own. But what is the reason no one makes them for the 84 EVO engine you can get them for shovelheads and other models like the FXRT? I think I need to know if I'm going to build them what to expect.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Thanks for the answers I'm not surprised that I will have to build my own. But what is the reason no one makes them for the 84 EVO engine you can get them for shovelheads and other models like the FXRT? I think I need to know if I'm going to build them what to expect.
Start with these, and modify 'em.

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Because it is old and how many 84 EVO owners out there want fish tail pipes. The same reason I sold my beloved 84 GW. It was getting hard to get basic parts like a stator. I would check out a muffler shop where they have the equipment for flanges and the bending of pipes. They usually say they don't do bikes, but a Benjamin will sway a vote.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,930 Posts
They don't make them for FXR's because of the rubber mounted engine. You cant solid mount the rear of the pipes with the engine free to move in the frame.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts