V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A COMMANDER III INSTALL IN MY 2002 FAT BOY WITH A MATCHING MAP BUT I AM NOT SURE IF I LIKE IT OR NOT? IF I UNPLUG THE COMMANDER III AND INSTALL EVERYTHING BACK TO NORMAL WOULD I STILL HAVE MY STOCK PROGRAM??

:confused:

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Unplugging and plugging in the PC does not alter whatever flash is in the ECM.

As I recall you have pretty much drag pipes on the thing and it may be a problem to run them with the stock flash, even more so if you have an air intake kit. These bikes run way lean even as they come from the factory.

You may want to look into the new Digital Fuel Optimizers, like the one sold by RevTec.

I also have the adjustable fuel pressure regulators for the Delphi bikes now.

Either one or both of these could well solve your problem. There has to be someone in Mexico City that has an infrared exhaust analyzer, and the DFO can be tuned without a dyno much like you would a carburetor. It doesn't have to be a bike shop, just someone in motorsports that can tune an EFI engine. Michel Jourdain's dad used to know his way around with these sort of people, might want to look him up and ask.

I told you once before you need to get rid of those pipes, they kill your midrange.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI HIPPO: THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLAY,I DON'T LONGER HAVE THE VANCE AND HINES BIG SHOTS NOW I AM RUNNING THE STOCK SHOT-GUN EXHAUST WITH THE SCREAMING EAGLE II SLIP-ONS THAT'S WHY I WANT TO TRY THE STOCK PROGRAM AND SEE HOW IT WORKS,IN THE OTHER SIDE I DON'T KNOW ANYONE HERE THAT CAN OR WANT TO MESS AROUND WITH EFI BIKES ALMOST EVERYONE PREFERS TO RUN CARBURETED BIKES,AND NOW I CAN SEE WHY.
THANK YOU,

·
A$$HOLE!
467 Posts
Yep, that's the beauty of the PC -- just unplug it if you ever have any rouble and remove it from the equation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts