V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And felt a huge load lift off my shoulders today. The last 8 years I've worked a very stressful job, long hours, and put up with alot of crap. I recently had some bad judgment and made some mistakes and today I resigned (no choice). It hurt for awhile because I've been on steel mills for 34 years but after I was home awhile, the wife and I realized this may be the best thing that has happened to me in a long time. I was always beat up, mentally shot, etc. You know what's funny, been there 8 years and there are probably only a few people I can say I enjoyed working with. The place is full of back stabbers that were just waiting for me to give them an opportunity to hurt me, and I did it, my mistake. People I thought were friends turned on me in a heart beat.
Now I am going to kick back, ride my bike in the cold weather, find a job at Lowe's or something and go easy. I have my family, my dog, and my bike.... Life is still good people!!!! Tomorrow I am riding....

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Stress is not worth it - you made the right decision! Now, go enjoy that bike!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your bike is sweet, bet your family is even better. people close to
you get you thru the lean times.

Your right man! My middle son left work early today when he heard, came home instead of going back to his place. My wife has been unreal, she's a trooper. She's gotta work tomorrow, I'm gonna fax some resume's, and go for a nice long ride and unwind.....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sorry to hear your life's journey is unsettled right now. Have faith in yourself and your family/friends. Be ready when the dust clears and a new path appears for you to travel upon. As always, ride/travel safe. Sending a prayer out to you and your family.

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
And felt a huge load lift off my shoulders today. The last 8 years I've worked a very stressful job, long hours, and put up with alot of crap. I recently had some bad judgment and made some mistakes and today I resigned (no choice). It hurt for awhile because I've been on steel mills for 34 years but after I was home awhile, the wife and I realized this may be the best thing that has happened to me in a long time. I was always beat up, mentally shot, etc. You know what's funny, been there 8 years and there are probably only a few people I can say I enjoyed working with. The place is full of back stabbers that were just waiting for me to give them an opportunity to hurt me, and I did it, my mistake. People I thought were friends turned on me in a heart beat.
Now I am going to kick back, ride my bike in the cold weather, find a job at Lowe's or something and go easy. I have my family, my dog, and my bike.... Life is still good people!!!! Tomorrow I am riding....
Your post brings back bad memories. I have been there. Your outlook is great. You'll live longer, be happier and have a better life.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I would hit the unemployment office get signed up and rock for a couple months.Enjoy the slow pace of life.
Good luck finding a new job WHEN YOU ARE READY to head back
:)

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
just don 't become a millstone around the neck of society. I've heard stories of welfare kings on their Ultras.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i used to work in a few steel factories and im glad i got fired years ago. The work is too hard and i was about to get moved up on the lin
e to a coating operator when i was fired. the guy that got the promotion when i left lost his hand in the machine a week later. it all is for the best in the end.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, there are some great people on this forum! Thanks for all the encouragement, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sounds to me like you have everything in order .your heads in the right place.life sounds good your away from all the a-holes .And you fond out who your real friends are .Now go ride :woohoo:

·
self banned
5,992 Posts
There are day's I want to quit, but my wife would kill me. Glad you have an understanding wife.:)

It's best to appreciate what we do have and make the best out of it.

Hope you enjoy some good time off while there is still good riding!

rkc

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Take a load off! Happened to me too, and my blood pressure went down, attitude went up! Hope you can find work.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was in your position 10 years ago. The last straw was a manager took an idea I had to do a certain job cheaper and easier and made it his. I walked and within two weeks got the job I have now. Lots of support from my wife helped and it certainly sound like you have your wives support. Good luck and ride that great bike all you can.

·
WideGlide Rider
369 Posts
I too was set up by a next level Mgr. about 10 years ago. Guy was new, and a prick looking to make a mark. I was with that company for 13 years and shined. I took the hit for a decision I never even made. Thier loss!

I kept my chin up and got back to work pretty quick. Took up mgmt in a different type of biz and guess what? Looking back, it was the best thing that could have happened to me. I'd probably still be reporting that prick.

Hang in there, sometimes things happen for a reason. You are lucky to have the support of your family! And yes, head down to unemployment sign up and relax for a couple of weeks. You already know the answer on how to relieve your stress. Looks like you could have a little touring in your near future!

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
I was facing some employment uncertainty a couple of weeks ago myself. In my situation, my wife isn't working, so the stress of losing my job was about on par with keeping it! ;) Glad things are working out for you. Just try not to stay out of work too long. In this new economy many employers view those that have been out of work for as little as a few months in a very poor light! The Good folks here kept my spirits lifted! Ride Ride and ride some more!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Stress is a killer. It causes heart attacks and strokes. If not that it will give ya' a good dose of cancer or a divorce. Ain't worth it.

I've seen 'dedicated' people die at their desks. Nobody remembered them a week later. Heck, their office was looted before the body was put in the hearse.

Take some time and plan what is important to you and your wife from now on.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts