V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to use cycle shack slip ons, they seem to be the best bang for the buck. Have read a bit on them and I'm sure that you all will agree!

Will go for the SE air cleaner kit to unplug that end.

Now I like to get the passing power ooph, not going into the 5000rpm zone. So Maybe I'm happy with the current ignition. Agree or disagree?

I read that the stock CARB is pretty good, so I would like to keep it, So what jets should I use? Should I use a Dynojet kit or is there a needle I can buy that is adjustable that will do A good job.

A bit of where I'm at. I'm at sea level here in Nova Scotia , Canada. Normal day time Temperature, 65-75 degree F.

Help here will be looked at with great interest. I would like to know other stage ! setups or almost stage 1 setups
The bike is a 2002 softail standard

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did the SE intake kit, and drilled out the stock pipes. I beleive it was a 45 slow jet and one washer to raise the needle. Just ask your HD dealer they should know what to run with this setup.

There is definatley a noticeable gain doing this, and the stock ignition is fine. If you do cams in the future which will raise your peak HP RPM than a better ignition would be warrnated.

Also on the bolt that holds the cable bracket to the carb, use a vise grip or pliers instead of the phillips head screwdriver. It is a very soft bolt and I could not get it off with a screwdriver. Popped loose with no problem with a pliers.

Have Fun

1 - 2 of 2 Posts