V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in North Carolina to get a CCW permit you have to attend a Safety class to apply and then wait 3 months to find out if you can even get one. Too my surprise I found out Friday that I had to have an appointment to submit the application and my appointment is not untill Jan. 7th of next year, so my 3 month wait has turned into 5. Too further Pi$$ me off my buddy that went to the class at the same time has aleady submitted his application, he lives in a differnet county. Go figure.
Thanks for listening I needed to vent.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Wow! What a hassle, probly intended to be.
Hows this for contrast, i recently moved to arizona and took the 8 hr ccw class last saterday.
Mailed in my app on monday (late afternoon) and recieved my permit on friday, THE SAME WEEK!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,494 Posts
snap said:
Wow! What a hassle, probly intended to be.
Hows this for contrast, i recently moved to arizona and took the 8 hr ccw class last saterday.
Mailed in my app on monday (late afternoon) and recieved my permit on friday, THE SAME WEEK!!!
Ain't Arizona great. Hope all the people moving here from other states don't try to make it like the state they just ran from. Bet they do.

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Indiana. No class required. No hassle. Walk into the PD, take your money, get fingerprinted. Wait on the mailman to come. And, oh, did I say "lifetime license?"

The downside to having no class requirement is that some other states deny us reciprocity, even though we offer reciprocity to everyone.

It's a great state for gun enthusiasts. Of course, your idea of scenic beauty has to include corn fields.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Does Indiana reciprocity Ohio license, I know Kentucky doesn't? When I went to take mine they gave me a Florida pack to send them if I wanted since almost every state accepts theirs.

·
Rider
848 Posts
03 Roadking said:
Here in North Carolina to get a CCW permit you have to attend a Safety class to apply and then wait 3 months to find out if you can even get one. Too my surprise I found out Friday that I had to have an appointment to submit the application and my appointment is not untill Jan. 7th of next year, so my 3 month wait has turned into 5. Too further Pi$$ me off my buddy that went to the class at the same time has aleady submitted his application, he lives in a differnet county. Go figure.
Thanks for listening I needed to vent.

An appointment to submit your application? What county are you in? The wife and I got ours a few years ago and the only real holdup was waiting for the fingerprints to come back from the FBI. Even that was only a couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BWalker said:
An appointment to submit your application? What county are you in? The wife and I got ours a few years ago and the only real holdup was waiting for the fingerprints to come back from the FBI. Even that was only a couple of weeks.
I live in Guilford county. I did find out why it takes do long. There is only ONE person that does the initial permit application and all the renewal's. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
03 Roadking said:
I live in Guilford county. I did find out why it takes do long. There is only ONE person that does the initial permit application and all the renewal's. Go figure.
I bet that ONE person gets a daily high from all that power. Probably a flunky clerk.

·
Banned
17,245 Posts

I live in Wake cty but am taking the class in Granville cty on Jan 19. I did not know about this long wait. Does that clerk take bribes?

·
Registered
57 Posts
here in pa go to the sheriff office fill out an app get your picture taken comes in the mail in about a week. no test or fingerprints

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you visit Alaska, bring your gun if you care to carry. ANYONE that is a resident of any state in the USA and is elgible to legally purchase a gun can carry concealed. NO permit required.:clap:

Chance

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
Wake County...about 7 weeks ago they told me 10 weeks to get it. I sure hope that aren't yankin' my chain.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Just having to get a mother-may-I permission slip from any government level to keep and bare arms (CCW or otherwise) is a slap in the face of our Constitution.

But are you saying these morons have kept this in limbo since last August; in one manner or another? And is this normal for your county and others in NC?

Just a little update. Here it is the 16th of March and I still don't have a permit. Ain't NC great?????

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just having to get a mother-may-I permission slip from any government level to keep and bare arms (CCW or otherwise) is a slap in the face of our Constitution.

But are you saying these morons have kept this in limbo since last August; in one manner or another? And is this normal for your county and others in NC?

Nay not since August just since November. Took me until January 7th to be able to apply and now I'm in the 90 day wait period. It's just Guilford county, my buddy that lives in Stokes county walked in did the application and 6 weeks later had his permit. Go figure.

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
Indiana. No class required. No hassle. Walk into the PD, take your money, get fingerprinted. Wait on the mailman to come. And, oh, did I say "lifetime license?"......
Am up visiting in the Chicago area and heard this this weekend from a fellow from Indiana. I told him he MUST be mistaken. Got on the internet and FACT. Didn't say anything about being"lifetime" but all the other facts you stated are true.

In Texas we have to attend an 8 hour course, shoot for proficiency and the license is for 4 years. AND Texas has reciprocity with Indiana. Go figure????

o~\o

·
Terrorists suck!
647 Posts
Am up visiting in the Chicago area and heard this this weekend from a fellow from Indiana. I told him he MUST be mistaken. Got on the internet and FACT. Didn't say anything about being"lifetime" but all the other facts you stated are true.

In Texas we have to attend an 8 hour course, shoot for proficiency and the license is for 4 years. AND Texas has reciprocity with Indiana. Go figure????

o~\o
Gotta love them Hoosiers!:woohoo:
In Indiana there are 4 years permits and lifetime permits.
I live in Indiana and received the 6th lifetime permit from my county last summer. I applied July 1 and had the lifetime permit in about 3 weeks!. I applied for a Florida non-resident permit and it took closer to 6 weeks.:sofa:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts