V-Twin Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

· Infidel
5,408 Posts
drifter36 said:

After reading this thread, the Yami Venture is looking real good.

Drifter
So go buy one.

You might also re-read this thread. Its an old one that got updated.

My reading lead me to understand that over-heating was NOT typical as evidenced by the majority of replies indicating no heat related problems.

As for prices, a high end goldwing is in the same ballpark as an HD (sorry I don't know what a yami venture is).

wyo

· Registered
674 Posts
Drifter,
Don't get thrown off by this thread. I ride a lot; I have a six year old Valkyrie with 45,000 miles on it and a three year old Electraglide Classic with 30,000 miles on it. The HD is the easiest low speed handler and most comfortable long distance tourer without a doubt. It seems most often when I go out in the garage I find myself gravitating to the HD. I rode quite a few Harley's before I bought one, and I never regretted it. I most definitely wasn't looking for a "name" or a "poser" bike but one that I could ride and ride a lot. That's what I got.

Ragnar

· Registered
103 Posts
Drifter:

I have a Road Glide and a Gold Wing. Did not buy the Harley to pose or drive to bars and such. I have not had any problems with overheating on the Glide or on my old Evo Harley. Do not think this is a across the board pblm, unlike the 1800 Gold WIngs. I have enjoyed the Glide and plan to ride it Colorado in July. Just because it hot here does not mean I park it. I have seen watercooled bikes overheat as well.

· Banned
2,478 Posts
RLS, does your wing over heat at all? I herd that not very many do. I have a Ultra and I don't think it over heats. My right leg gets warm at times(depends alot on the way the wind is going)

· Premium Member
1,574 Posts
No problem here with overheating. Yes, it gets hot, but nothing like the one that burned her leg. Maybe the 2003s don't have the problem as bad.

· Registered
103 Posts
MarkCuda, I have never had a problem with the wing overheating, but it is a 1996 GL1500, not a new 1800. THe 1500 has never showed signs of overheating. Last year we got into some 118 weather from Kingman AZ to Needles CA, and even when trying to find a motel in town it never got hot. Sure the guage read higher than it usually did but nothing to cause concern. THe fans just ran and ran.

· Banned
2,478 Posts
RLS, my mistake, I thought you had the 1800. I had a 1988 ,1500 and I could never get it to over heat also. It's been ten years since I sold the wing, from what the wings look like now, I just could not go back to another one :eek: I love our Ultra so damn much, it will always be in our family for ever :)

· Registered
103 Posts
Markcuda, I know what you mean with the new 1800. It just seems to me they took a step back in trying to build a better BMW LT. I really like my Road Glide, but I just cannot bring myself to sell my 1500 as it took me to so many places and good times. Also the resale is not good as well. Its paid for and I am not giving the thing away! I had a Police Electra bike 1991- before I got the Glide and I really enjoyed it. I just want to go with a newer engine and a radio package as in SW Okla the views of scrub cedar trees get old! Those Ultras are very nice as well. I may get a tour pack to throw on for long trips.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.