V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't got my 03 Ultra yet and want to make a flag mount for the luggage rack. I notice that from the pictures it slopes from front to rear. Does anyone have the measurements of slope, say how far below level is the rack say over 8 inches? Also how far from the bottom of the rack to the top of the lid? Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
305 Posts
The only way I see that you could get the dimentions you are looking for is to take your tape measure to a HD dealer. I'd be happy to measure mine for you, but can't figure out exactly what you are looking for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you were to put a level on the front of your rack how many inches would the rack be below the end of the level and how long is your level, that would give me the angle of the slope of the rack front to rear. And how high is the rack above the lid of luggage pack? Thank you!

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
I assume you need to know this for the angle of the flag pole. I would suggest you just make it 90 degrees to the rail. The angle or slope of the luggage rack is not that drastic and your flagpole should tilt at just the right angle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just looking for the slope of the luggage rack which should be the same as the tour pak lid. Need to make the mount to can adjust flag accordingly. Only looking for the slope, example: what is the measurement from the front latch to the lid or rack and then from the rear latch to the lid or rack. I do not have the bike yet and local dealer doesn't have any Ultras to take the measurements from, just wanted to have the flag mount ready when bike comes in. Tahnks!

·
Registered
305 Posts
RCB said:
Just looking for the slope of the luggage rack which should be the same as the tour pak lid.
It is - the top of the front and rear rail's both measure 4" to the top of the lid.

Holding a level across the front rail I measured 7" to the lid flange.

Holding a level across the back rail I measured 5 3/4" to the lid flange.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts