1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
2005 Road King Classic
1,632 Posts
Can you say upsidedown. Owes way more than its worth. Good luck. He is going to be making payments on it for a long time.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I always wonder when I sww this situation. The bike's not even broke in, hasn't had it's first maintenance yet yada yada. Why buy a bike like this if ya aint gonna ridie it? If you are new to bikes and not sure you'll even like riding why spend that much money to find out ya don't like it? Too many stupid folks in this old world.........Don

·
Momma's boy
339 Posts
Anastasia said:
wait, is it blow a smoke up sumeones crack
yep, dat's it :rolleyes:
Anastasia, I love the way you word things. I work in KZ. near the Russian border.A lot of fine people here from Russia and KZ.

And uh, about the bike, yes he wants too much, don't buy it.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
His bike is special. It's the only one with the VIN number iHD1FCW176Y660419 so he is charging more for it.

·
Infrequent Poster
1,662 Posts
Just one of the many things that the world wide web brings to your front door!

My girlfriend is a CPA and a customer of hers had won a brand new stock Road King. They don't ride and were going to sell it, but somone said it was worth 20k so that is what they are asking for it. They didn't have a clue to go check the Harley site and see what MSRP was on it. (They haven't managed to sell it yet either).

The story seems a little odd to me. Why drool over the bike then not ride it after your new wife gives it to you as a present? I bet it was won in a contest.... -2$en#e-

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Mag-it said:
Anastasia, I love the way you word things. I work in KZ. near the Russian border.A lot of fine people here from Russia and KZ.

And uh, about the bike, yes he wants too much, don't buy it.
Um, Tell me about, English can be so-oo confusin ^rolleyez^
and uh, about the bike
nuh, alredy got pair, jes the way I want too =devil=

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
He probably thought his buddies but was the cats whiskers, so he talked himself into being cool too. The dealer saw him coming.

·
repeat offender
691 Posts
Cster888 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harl...ewItemQQcategoryZ49996QQitemZ4629443415QQrdZ1

or item 4629443415

what am i missing here? is this a special bike? looks like a "screaming beagle" to me? or he really doenst want to sell it?
:whistle:
It's a shame, but they signed on the dotted line!! It sounds like they didn't have a clue and the dealer added every little thing possible to increase the price... Heck, just the gap insurance on a $25000 deal would be over $500, plus $2500 for the extended warranty, plus sales tax would add around $2K. Dealer probably charged over $1K for delivery, setup, etc...

I bet they cried when they sobered up and multiplied $584 times 84 months = $49,056!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
So they paid $31k for a stock Ultra, with some extra warranty stuff? That's gotta hurt!

·
?????
3,531 Posts
dwarthog said:
My girlfriend is a CPA and a customer of hers had won a brand new stock Road King. They don't ride and were going to sell it, but somone said it was worth 20k so that is what they are asking for it. They didn't have a clue to go check the Harley site and see what MSRP was on it. (They haven't managed to sell it yet either).
The sad part is if a person waits long enough someone will pay it. I've watched people put things up for sale and ask way more than they were worth, they did sell it a few months later. As they say "There's a fool born every day", looks at the dip wad that has 31k in a stock Ultra.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Flyin Brian said:
It's a shame, but they signed on the dotted line!! It sounds like they didn't have a clue and the dealer added every little thing possible to increase the price... Heck, just the gap insurance on a $25000 deal would be over $500, plus $2500 for the extended warranty, plus sales tax would add around $2K. Dealer probably charged over $1K for delivery, setup, etc...

I bet they cried when they sobered up and multiplied $584 times 84 months = $49,056!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"It was an impulse buy on my part to make my new husband happy. He wanted it so badly."

wow. thats a big impulse. that said, the seller reports that her new husband wanted the bike badly, yet they dont even have their licenses yet!

"I apologize for not knowing much about Harley's. We are virgin owners. We don't even have a permanent motorcycle license yet. I haven't had any experience with motorcycles to know how to answer your question satisfactorily."

again, WOW. a blinged out touring bike for the first bike? sure its pretty and all, but that is a lot of bike to learn on. i would think a smaller bike would be more fun to start on. as eveidenced by the fact that they dont seem to be interested in riding the bike they bought.

and cheaper. $49k is a lot of money for a new interest. to me anyway. actually, i think if you were to total up all the cars and motorcycles that i have owned in my whole life (7 bikes, 6 cars aprox) they woulnt make the msrp for that bike without the reaming.

ima cheap biznastard though. that prob saved me from getting too much bike too quickly, allowing me to grow the bike as my skills improved.

~!Awesome!

-dogtown

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
:spank: If this deal weren't so sad, it would be hilarious. Well, because it's not me I guess it is hilarious. . . .Makes me wonder, should I put my fatgirl (same paint as the ultra) on E-BAY for about say, $21K, that would only be about $5-6K over what it's worth today. A relative bargain!

Lefty
'05 Fatboy (Jolene)

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
He's not going to get any bids but I think he's got a right to try. If you don't want to pay his price, you can buy a new one for $5K less. I always vote with my delete button.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts