V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With over 30K on the clock, I decided to check the Cam Chain Tensioners. Well, the first thing I needed to do was remove the exhaust header pipe.
1.5 hours later after removing the whole Fu&%K'n exhaust system, boy was that a job. I haven't had that much fun in a long time!! Just don't look forward to reinstalling it. :yikes: :yikes:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GrayRider said:
So how's the tensioners?
't

Good Evening GR - Wasn't able to get to taking the cam chest off tonight. Spent so long getting the exhaust off, had to stop before I could get to it. Will let you know tomorrow night and will also provide pictures.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Just wait, after a couple more times in doing that, you'll like it even more. :thumbsup:

Installing a true dual header system sure does take that PIA away though. By the way, you can just remove the front header pipe by itself without removing the rest. It takes a little pushing and pulling but it's doable.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ed Y said:
Just wait, after a couple more times in doing that, you'll like it even more. :thumbsup:

Installing a true dual header system sure does take that PIA away though. By the way, you can just remove the front header pipe by itself without removing the rest. It takes a little pushing and pulling but it's doable.
That's what I afraid of. I was thinking of a true dual header or a two into one system. Are you running a true dual, and if so what kind and how do you like it?
I tried like heck to get the header pipe off, but couldn't make it happen. I have other work I need to do, (oil leak where the clutch cable goes into the trans) so that's why I decided to take the entire system off. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
I have the V&H true dual system. Quality setup. There are lots of good ones out there. The biggest requirement for a true dual system is the use of a support bracket right above the starter. Not all of them do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts