V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
HOGDOG
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to finally install mine tonight for the usual weekend outing. For those of you who have one on your bike, you may recall those little straps with the metal tabs that "tuck" in between the inner and outer fairing.

My metal tabs, when installing, slipped right off the strap. Anyone else experience that problem? Kinda cheepo. :thumbsdn:

Going to return it to the stealer tomorrow. I anticipate being jerked around and told that I own it, and they won't exchange it. Not a very optimistic view, but it seems that the better customer you are and the more you spend with them, the worse the abuse. It also greatly depends on who you deal with at the parts desk in alot stores.

Stay tuned tomorrow. Film at 11. :brows:

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Whats the point of bra? You protect the paint, but you never see it. Kind of a paradox.

I was wondering what to do with bag lids. They get scuffed. Put rails on. Figured whats the point of having paint, if not going to show it. Like putting plastic on your couch.

Lots of folks do, I just get a big laugh out of it. I in favor of riding it. But who am I to say?

·
HOGDOG
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I think the bra and bag covers look cool.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I like to see the front without a bra , oh my mistake your talking about your bike. I should of read more carefully.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
deucedog said:
Actually, I think the bra and bag covers look cool.
Thats the beauty of bikes, you make them yours.

·
HOGDOG
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brought the part back yesterday and received a brand new one, no hassle at the dealer, here it is, I love this bike:

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Like the champegne color, don't see alot of bikes with it.

·
HOGDOG
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, it's not a color I would normally buy. I like the black, grays, gunmetals and silvers. When my wife and I saw this gold and black combo on the Ultra Classic, we thought it looked pretty nice and surprisingly understated, so we went with it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The bike is beautiful, Dog. Love the smokey gold & Black. I almost went with that on my EG Classic, but got the chopper blue & silver (closest to UNC Tarheels colors). I'm with Brownjams though...I don't like bras on ANYTHING I'm gonna ride.:boobies:

·
HOGDOG
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blue Glider said:
The bike is beautiful, Dog. Love the smokey gold & Black. I almost went with that on my EG Classic, but got the chopper blue & silver (closest to UNC Tarheels colors). I'm with Brownjams though...I don't like bras on ANYTHING I'm gonna ride.:boobies:
That was the color combo I wanted until my wife pointed out the gold and black. I really like the blue and silver on the Ultra, probably still the best combo.

With respect to the bra, based on your particular application, I would tend to agree.

·
Registered
68 Posts
BTW, anymore wild fires around you lately? I was out there just before they started a few weeks ago. Pretty scary. A lot of nice real estate went up in flames.

·
OEF Vet - US Army
75 Posts
I wouldnt put a fairing bra on my bike. I have seen discoloration occur.

·
HOGDOG
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Blue Glider said:
BTW, anymore wild fires around you lately? I was out there just before they started a few weeks ago. Pretty scary. A lot of nice real estate went up in flames.
Fires are all done for now, lots of moisture in the air and temps have dropped quite a bit. The media overstates the property damage, only one or two homes were lost in the last round. Our firefighters are amazing in Southern California. What we need to be worried about is another large earthquake, now that's a real concern for everyone here on the left coast...

·
HOGDOG
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
06RedBaron said:
I wouldnt put a fairing bra on my bike. I have seen discoloration occur.
This occurs when moisture is trapped under the bra and is left to dry over a long period of time. The bra needs to be removed when it gets damp and it is best used in dry conditions. It is also a good idea to keep the paint underneath well waxed while using the mask.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I only plan to use mine on longer trips of at least a week with lots of opportunity to collect bugs and rock dings. It is sort of a pain put on and off, but did help alot on lastest trip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts