V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Does anyone know if you can take the top CB/Ultra board out of a cassette radio and put it in a non Ultra CD radio to make it into an Ultra CD radio??? I have a broken Ultra cassette radio and a good NON Ultra cd radio.

Thank you,
Dan-o

·
Registered
729 Posts
Radio sound will do the swap out

I have a Cassette model Ultra radio and somehow found a loose hot wire that hit the bottom of the radio and fried the booger. I went to www.radiosound.com/customer_service.php and called them. I paid shipping there and they had me another unit plus the cassette that was in my old back in about a week after I placed mine in the big brown truck.

It works perfect now and it only cost me $135 plus shipping up there. I am not sure about cracking one open to replace guts. It seems not cost effective and a 90 min cassette holds more music than a 80 min CD. Plus it is cheaper to make.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the ultra radio...

I've been told that Radiosound no longer has any of the Ultra boards to upgrade mine to an Ultra.

Dan-o

·
Registered
729 Posts
pwdby460 said:
I've been told that Radiosound no longer has any of the Ultra boards to upgrade mine to an Ultra.

Dan-o
Did you call them and ask?

I know that there was a TSB for the dealers stating that there was one model of radio that could not upgraded, but I am not sure which one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does Anyone Know The Dimensions Of The Radio In A 1990 Electra Glide Ultra Classic? Also, What Are The Specs? Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts