V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’ve installed one of the ultima 6 speed builders kit and I must admit while it’s no Baker it has been a great addition. I just couldn’t help at least try it for $599. So it has run great and I have pretty torquey bike running around 116 torque and total overall 112 HP. So yesterday I was racing another guy off the Line. My bike may not get you off the line but you get us up over 50mph and 2500rpm plus and that’s when she turns on and I get most. Anyways off the line I hit it hard and when shifting from 3rd to 4 th I missed the gear. Damnit. Anyways she still drives great but when I drained tranny fluid I found a very small chip of one of the gear teeth. I’m assuming it’s the 4th gear tooth i missed but won’t know until I tear down. She rides like nothing ever happened. The chip is very very small. Like 1/32” thick and big. Maybe the size of a piece of card stock you buy at Office Depot. About that thick. And only a very small piece of the tooth also. Say the size 1/16” x 1/16”. So it’s not affecting the drive yet but the way I drive it will someday. Does anyone know where I can purchase a gear or even a better set of gears to fit this system? Please if anyone has suggestions let me know.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts