V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the trap door thickness for the Ultima 6 Speed builders kit? I'm trying to figure out if the additional width will fit with my RB Racing Exhaust.

Also, does anyone have any experience with these gear sets? Thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hoping I can revive this topic since papduke got no response and I am wondering the same thing and have an additional question:

Was wondering during installation what tips can be provided or experiences shared for:

1. exhaust bracket mod if any
2. removal of material from the shift rod bushing
3. anything else of interest

2000 ElectraGilde (Black Betty still going after 129k+ miles as a daily commuter)
jetted carb
Cobra 2 into 1
SE ignition
SE rods
S&S lifters
Andrews Cams
upgraded inner cam bearings
upgraded tensioners material to nylon, totally get the cam plate, oil pump and gear vs chain upgrade need just on a budget
intake mods, some Frankenstein stuff and a K&N.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Hoping I can revive this topic since papduke got no response and I am wondering the same thing and have an additional question:

Was wondering during installation what tips can be provided or experiences shared for:

1. exhaust bracket mod if any
2. removal of material from the shift rod bushing
3. anything else of interest

2000 ElectraGilde (Black Betty still going after 129k+ miles as a daily commuter)
jetted carb
Cobra 2 into 1
SE ignition
SE rods
S&S lifters
Andrews Cams
upgraded inner cam bearings
upgraded tensioners material to nylon, totally get the cam plate, oil pump and gear vs chain upgrade need just on a budget
intake mods, some Frankenstein stuff and a K&N.
Check out my thread "improving the Ultima 6-Speed". I got some very good guidance. I'll be putting this gearset in my 2002 Road King with Baker shift forks, shift drum and shift pawl.

The trap door is thick. It's about 1-1/4" thick. The stock exhaust bracket definitely will not work. Which is fine, because the F-ing thing breaks all the time anyway.

I haven't gotten a chance to dig into mine yet, but I will soon.

·
Registered
15,766 Posts
IIRC, the website says it's 1/4" thicker than stock.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Def thicket then stock. My RB racing bracket came with sleeve spacers to push it off the face of the tranny. I just simply cut the sleeves down about 1/4 if I remember correctly and everything went back as normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts