V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Can anyone tell me if this starter will fit. It is 7/8 of an inch longer. Bike is a 2000 Roadglide with Bassani power curve exhuast.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Hello Mr. White, welcome to the boards. :welcome:

I honestly dont know if the said starter would fit but I feel compelled to ask ......

How did you come to the realization that it might fit?

And what would be the advantage if it did? :dunno:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ultima Starter 2.0

Le Pew,
Thanks for the welcome. I am told that the starter is 7/8 inch longer and that might be a clearence issue on some models. I need a stater to turn a big inch motor. Dont want to have to replace a starter all the time. These starters are suppose to have twice the output of a stock starter.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
I have a new in the box chrome 2.0kw roadmax, unused, willing to sell it for $250 plus freight. it is $350 at J&P and at Pro1. If interested, let me know. It has 2 shafts, and fits '89 newer. I was going to put it in my 06 FLHXI with 95" 10.3-1, but my indy says I only need a 1.4kw. Good Luck, BOB

·
Registered
98 Posts
Some of the longer starters interfere with the engine oil filler neck on the touring bikes... There are spacers available for the filler neck if your starter turns out to be too long.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for all your replys and offers. Not being sure I have went ahead and am going to try the 1.4 starter. I guess i see what kind of luck I have.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
The best way to kill a new high tq starter is.......... Running stock cables. You will not allow the tq the current amount of current it needs and electric motors hate low voltage. I am not understanding why you need a big starter but hey I use my stockon on a 124 at 12.8 comp ratio. Maynot not a starter you need but comp release. Even with a big starter, big cables and big battery, the weak link will be the starter clutch , so it all goes back to the compression at cranking. Do you know what yours is??

As for the starter you are asking about no it will not fit as a direct replacement item, you can make it fit, but best to get the correct one.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I still run stock starter with 10:5.1 CR. No problems here. I was looking to change, but the concensus from HDWRENCH and others were why? Mine is still kicking after 2-years...

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
You can ,make your own high current cables from welding cable they may not be in a flashy color but really??!!!! who cares . A welding cable will have about 1200 strands of copper wire your stock ones have either 40 or 60 i forget the excat number there. You might really be suprised at the increase in starter power with a good set of cables, as well Terry Component sells cables if you would rather go that way as well as starters. Terry ( Keith) will tell you the same thing you need to get the amps to the starter to allow it to do the job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts