Andrews TW 37b
Crane Adjustable Chromemoly Pushrods
JIMS Big Axle "powerglide"
SE adjustable map ignition system
Mikuni HSR42
SE Big-bore manifold
SE air cleaner
V&H Pro-Pipe

If in the future i would swap to gear drive which are the best cams that works with this kind of heads?
I would stay with CR near 10:1.
What do you think about Woods TW5G cams?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Marcello

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Well the spring psi is a bit low for the cam is you are stating it is at 155 for a woods cam like the 5 I like to see 165-175 due to the agressive ramps. Why not just go to the 37G?? If you are not having issue with ping than stay with it, as the woods cams needs roller rockers, adjustable pushrods, clearancing of the rocker boxes for rollers, cam clearancing in the chest. The 31 G will work well there and start to build tq at a lower rpm that is a option as well. Some like the 31 others do not I have had great sucess with it when matched correctly to the build compants. Good luck

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
SEDELUXE05 said:
whats an underground build?
Underground is another engine builder and head porter shop in Cananda I believe. They do pretty good work from what I hear, I never tested any of their stuff but I believe GRock has.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
It sounds a little different from the typical UG build.

I would just contact Colin and ask him, most of their builds are set up to work with the Woods cams, but they are the only ones that know the specific parts you have and wether it is possible to make the change with the parts you have.

Otherwise the smart move would be not to change anything and just go with the same cam in gear drive.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
hdmd88 said:
Underground is another engine builder and head porter shop in Cananda I believe. They do pretty good work from what I hear, I never tested any of their stuff but I believe GRock has.
Yup, their about 30 miles from Calgary, in Strathmore Alberta.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
hdmd88 said:
Yeah, good flowing heads with an eye on velocity that is missing in a lot of porter's work. Got good results with them as they produce good TQ numbers. You got good info from the WRENCH (as always). You should go to tighter springs with that TW5G if that is what you decide and roller rockers may be in order too. Also need to know if the spring height has been set up to accept the 5G .570 lift. But not sure that you will see appreciable gains over the 37 or 37G. Save your money as you may get more "hop" by changing gearing to 3.37 as you have all the good stuff in place already!

Arividerci

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies..the 37 worked good and the motor ping only at low rpm if i open wide throttle, my SE adjustable map ignition setting is CS=2, SA=-3 (Total advance retard= -8°) and i running with standard Mikuni setup.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know that Wood TW6gh is the right cam for my UG Heads type but i'm worried because all say these are very noise.
Are there another set of gears cams that outperform my 37 and is ok for the setup of my Dyna?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts