V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work for the HD dealership here and we got two big black denim builds coming up. One is a customers and one is mine.

On the customers we are doing

forward controls
a hot 95 build with HTCC parts and CNC ported heads, 50MM TB, and a custom set of woods cams with a black thunderheader

we are also adding 16inch gimp hangers from nash motorcycle company

Mine will be getting a Jims 120 CI with a woods injection setup and custom woods cams along with a black thunderheader

We'll be adding the 180 tire kit with a new custom rear fender and strut combo along with a powdercoated headwinds headlight and powdercoated front end.

I'll be sending off my wheels for a powdercoat job, not sure if I'm going black or maybe a retro red setup.

I should have completed pics for you guys sometime in the near future.

·
Ridin it like I stole it!
217 Posts
BlackWS02 said:
I work for the HD dealership here and we got two big black denim builds coming up. One is a customers and one is mine.

On the customers we are doing

forward controls
a hot 95 build with HTCC parts and CNC ported heads, 50MM TB, and a custom set of woods cams with a black thunderheader

we are also adding 16inch gimp hangers from nash motorcycle company

Mine will be getting a Jims 120 CI with a woods injection setup and custom woods cams along with a black thunderheader

We'll be adding the 180 tire kit with a new custom rear fender and strut combo along with a powdercoated headwinds headlight and powdercoated front end.

I'll be sending off my wheels for a powdercoat job, not sure if I'm going black or maybe a retro red setup.

I should have completed pics for you guys sometime in the near future.
BlackWS02,
My build is looking similar to your customers.
I am doing:
a hot 95 build with HTCC parts and CNC ported heads, 50MM TB, a SE 257 cams with a black thunderheader and SERT.

I am putting 13 inch apes as I want toalleviate the times I get pulled over..lol

180 Avon on the rear I am also powder coating the bars, triple tree lowers and fender struts. The rimes gota wait til next year.
Can't wait to see the pics.

Bry P.
the

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Is that A/C cover from Extreme Custom Engraving? looks cool

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
And what's covered or not covered under the H-D warranty?

Thorns

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thorns said:
And what's covered or not covered under the H-D warranty?

Thorns
HD warranty is a really weird animal. You can do a big bore and still be good for warranty if you keep stock pipes, stuff like that has all of us scratching our heads like :dunno:

I know that at our shop no matter what you have done we will submit the claim. About 99% of the time your modifications are not the cause of the related warranty issue. I've had one claim that I know of turned down and it was a head gasket issue which screams performance work, so harley checked into the bike.

IMHO to you guys, do what you want to your bike and don't fear the warranty.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bporcelli said:
BlackWS02,
My build is looking similar to your customers.
I am doing:
a hot 95 build with HTCC parts and CNC ported heads, 50MM TB, a SE 257 cams with a black thunderheader and SERT.

I am putting 13 inch apes as I want toalleviate the times I get pulled over..lol

180 Avon on the rear I am also powder coating the bars, triple tree lowers and fender struts. The rimes gota wait til next year.
Can't wait to see the pics.

Bry P.
the
You got a good build. Best thing about that build is I believe there is actually a HD download for it. However and good tuner equipped with a race tuner and a dyno can really find that extra power and throttle response

1 - 8 of 8 Posts