V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at pulling the tour pak off my 01 ultra. Had a friend who did the same to his '96, and said it took a lot of the top heavy feel off the bike.
Wanted the full dresser so SO would go on 2-3 day rides, but she's only been on the bike for about 200 of 2500 miles. Don't need the big bike look or feel when riding the mountains with buddies solo.
Don't regret the ultra, love it. Just want to adjust to my needs a little.
Question is, who else is making luggage rack, detachable backrest and large pillow pad besides Harley?
HD is ok, but I would like a little different rack design than they offer.
Anyone done this and not appreciated the look or feel of the mod?
Thanks, Printer

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
This bike belongs to someone on another board. Looks like what you have in mind.
I really like the fat and low look. Seat is a Mustang and the racks are HD detachables as far as I know.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I think that's a great look, if I wasn't so ugly, and gave a damn how I looked, I'd do mine like that too. I've just gotten accustomed to having the tour pack space available all the time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gotta agree with you, HIPPO! Ken's bike really caught my eye when he first posted that pic. Sharp!

Detachable rack and solo seat are on my short list of winter projects.

As with Boomer, I've quickly grown accustomed to the convenience of the Tour Pak, but I think that I can adjust.....sure beats all the crap I used to bungee-cord to the Super Glides and Sportsters over the years! LOL!

I'd better get back to the garage; in the middle of mounting lo-profile halogen spots on my &*%$#@$% snowblower!:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts