V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last two days I have ducked out on family duties as the opportunity arose and got a couple of very nice rides in.

First, not to make this into some sort of "Brokeback Cruisers" forum or anything but if you ride up Lime Kiln Road from Rt 15 to Snickersville Turnpike over the next few days you will see a sight that only good ole Virginee can offer up. The road winds up Goose Creek and along both banks for several miles are huge fields of Virginia Bluebells hugging the banks. The smell and the sea of Va blue is pretty amazing. Won't last more than a few more days though!

Second, I hit the road early today while the kiddies were still snoozing and rode up Rt 15 North to 340 West towards Harper's Ferry. I jumped off on 340 on 17 Burkittsville Road and followed the sign towards Burkittsville about 4 miles off 340. Was figuring I'd do a little impromptu Blair Witch Ride. Turn left in town on Main Street and follow it up the little mountain to Gathland State park up Gatland Road. Nice little Civil War stop. Then stay on Gapland Road down the mountain til you hit Rt. 67 and then left takes you right into Harper's Ferry from the back way. The loop through Burkittsville is gorgeous.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Yer gonna have to show us those routes...

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
Is anyone able to ride tomorrow. Not sure what the weather is suppose to be like but I will get out if I can help it.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dude, I've got the day off. Just sent the kiddies off to school too. But it is raining here, and 60. Not optimum riding yet. Maybe the day will clear up. But is doesn't look like it, here's what Weather Bug says:

Now through 09:45 AM EDT April 17, 2006
High: 58

A band of rain...with a few embedded thunderstorms...will move across the eastern Virginia Piedmont this morning...and toward the Interstate 95 corridor. The rain will reach Louisa...Cumberland and Farmville before 8 AM...Amelia...Goochland...and Victoria around 815 AM...then Richmond and Petersburg around 9 AM. Moderate rain...with some heavy downpours...and a few lightning strokes...can be expected.

Today

Mostly cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms. A chance of showers this morning...then showers likely this afternoon. Cooler with highs in the upper 50s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
HD-LUX said:
Dude, I've got the day off. Just sent the kiddies off to school too. But it is raining here, and 60. Not optimum riding yet. Maybe the day will clear up. But is doesn't look like it, here's what Weather Bug says:

Now through 09:45 AM EDT April 17, 2006

A band of rain...with a few embedded thunderstorms...will move across the eastern Virginia Piedmont this morning...and toward the Interstate 95 corridor. The rain will reach Louisa...Cumberland and Farmville before 8 AM...Amelia...Goochland...and Victoria around 815 AM...then Richmond and Petersburg around 9 AM. Moderate rain...with some heavy downpours...and a few lightning strokes...can be expected.

Today

Mostly cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms. A chance of showers this morning...then showers likely this afternoon. Cooler with highs in the upper 50s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.
I'm just waiting to see what it actually does now. Light rain here but it is suppose to clear up in a few hours. You got my phone #?

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
HD-LUX said:
I got yer digits and fingers are crossed but I checked the doppler and it looks like a biggie headed our way in an hour or two.
Holy crap!!! Accuweather is showing rain all day now except for the 1:00 hour. Maybe I should just get off my but and work in the garage. Guess we need to play it by ear. Give me a ring if you want to hit the road.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
HD-LUX said:
I got yer digits and fingers are crossed but I checked the doppler and it looks like a biggie headed our way in an hour or two.
Bummer...I was hopin' to get out too...sigh...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts